PDA

View Full Version : grey water valve

bob48
06-25-2015, 10:47 AM
is there anything as an owner that you can do to fix what appears to be a leaking grey water valve?i am also suffering a senior moment, on the front of our camper(fifth wheel)is a large light, which i can't seem to find the switch for can anyone help?
thank you

cw3jason
06-25-2015, 10:51 AM
Yes. The valve can be removed. There may be construction junk in there stopping it. Happened to me. Putting it back in is harder than removing. Use a spatula or putty knife to help slide it back in without rolling the seals. Also I think the front light is on one of the left or right scare light switches.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PARAPTOR
06-25-2015, 11:13 AM
If you have a cable operated valve may want to check out that cable/ installation before you switch out the entire valve.

abby33
06-25-2015, 12:45 PM
If the light is over the pin box it may be activated by the remote control. That is how my Montana High Country works. Great when backing in to a dark campsite.

Pull Toy
06-26-2015, 01:32 PM
If it's like my Alpine, the switch is in the Passenger Side front compartment by the battery.

Great little feature at night!

therink
06-26-2015, 03:47 PM
If you end up needing to access and remove the grey valve, shoot me PM and I will tell you how I did it. If your grey tank is next to the black tank and drain to the same 3" discharge pipe via a T fitting, it can be a pain to remove the valve due to little tolerance between the 2 tanks to work with.

gearhead
06-27-2015, 06:39 AM
This is a quick fix. Doesn't fix the root problem though. These are good to keep if you have issues with the other valves as well. Twists on the main drain outlet.
http://www.valterra.com/product/twist-on-waste-valve-boxed/

Whitewolf
06-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Gearhead-
Did you add one to your 305? I did. Got tired of the slow incomplete drain.

JerJan10
06-30-2015, 04:44 AM
gearhead fix x2. My leaking grey water valve would have about a cup of grey water run out when I took off cap to setup. I added the twist-on valve because I didn't want to change the leaking valve for a cup of leaking water. Works great!