PDA

View Full Version : Refrid question.

skydiverchuck
06-18-2015, 10:03 PM
So I brought the Raptor home last night, added a about 7 gallons of fuel to run the generator of a while. I turned the refridg. on and the freezer started to cool down quickly, the fridge, well it cooled down a little but much slower.... I kind of expected that given its size. So I shut the generator off and switched the refridge to run on propane. It started out fine. I got home tonight and I got an L1 OP error message on the ref ridge I googled it and it said something bout a high temp limit switch.... Not sure what that mean. Anyway, I thought maybe the problem was because the battery was dead, ( I could even fire the generator.) so I backed the RV around and plugged it in. Granted, I reduced it down to 110v but the only thing running is the Refridge. I left it running on propane, the error code cleared and the unit continued to cool.

SO my question is if there is no or limited power to the refridge why won't it just continue to run on propane? I thought that was the whole reason for having one that would do either. Thanks

EricLynnAllison
06-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Your refrig. requires 12volts to monitor its condition. The cooling is either 110v or propane. Still requires 12 volts all the time.

skydiverchuck
06-19-2015, 04:20 AM
That makes sense! Thanks Eric!