PDA

View Full Version : Ants on my tanks

Steve S
06-18-2015, 05:58 PM
So I'm noticing that I have a lot on ants on my LP tanks and I'm stumped about this. I've never ever seen ants on any tanks before!
I've washed the tanks and sprayed them with tea tree oil as that stuff will kill ants in mins but they still keep coming back :confused:
Any ideas on this?

PARAPTOR
06-18-2015, 06:36 PM
My guess is they are trying to cool off. Are they all lined up in a straight line around the tank at some height from the bottom? Better than ants in the pants. Never heard of the stuff you sprayed them with, seems like they liked it. You have some interesting stuff up there.

sourdough
06-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Don't know what you're "environment" is like but spent the last 2 1/2 months in FL and kept having problems with ant wanting to work their way up the RV and wander around. I followed the lead of the locals and sprayed all of my landing gear, tires, under edges of the trailer and all the ground under us with Ortho bug killer about once every 6-7 days......no ants.

Steve S
06-18-2015, 09:12 PM
My guess is they are trying to cool off. Are they all lined up in a straight line around the tank at some height from the bottom? Better than ants in the pants. Never heard of the stuff you sprayed them with, seems like they liked it. You have some interesting stuff up there.

The ants are all at the top around the valves, not on the frame, hoses or anywhere else. Tea tree oil is used for keeping hardwood floors looking like new, it also kills ants and other bugs while you watch"bouncey:

Don't know what you're "environment" is like but spent the last 2 1/2 months in FL and kept having problems with ant wanting to work their way up the RV and wander around. I followed the lead of the locals and sprayed all of my landing gear, tires, under edges of the trailer and all the ground under us with Ortho bug killer about once every 6-7 days......no ants.

It's been hot here and I'm thinking that might have something to do with it but there's no signs of ants anywhere else:confused: It seems that as fast as I kill them an hr later they're back:confused:
I'll try to take a pic tomorrow, maybe it's some strange breed of ant:o

GMcKenzie
06-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Take a blowtorch to them......

:rofl: