PDA

View Full Version : Slide out sticking and squeaking

Terriec
06-16-2015, 03:13 PM
2015 Keystone Premier slide is sticking and squeaking. How does it get lubricated?

chuckster57
06-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Depending on what type of slide mechanism, the lubrication used is different and applied in a different manner.

Cable systems use a dry lube on the cables. Geared rails use a light lube on the gear teeth, but require inspection for dirt and debris.

All slides have seals on the edges that sweep stuff off. It's not uncommon for these to squeak, and there are spray treatments for them. I believe some members have used baby powder on them, but if you make them too "slick" they might not flip the right direction when the slide moves.

Do you know what type of slide mechanism you have and a more specific location of the squeak?

ChuckS
06-18-2015, 11:33 AM
On our Alpine the slide exterior and interior WALL seals would stick when unit had been closed up over the winter,etc.
I use a sock and baby powder now and rub it on the seals.. Exterior when opened and interior when closed. I do this usually every time we use the unit.
I don't get the sticking sounds and don't have the black marks from the seals anymore on the wall surfaces

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve S
06-18-2015, 12:04 PM
What these guys ^^^ said and also somewhere on the Keystone site it says to open and close your slide /slides once a month to make sure they operate properly to avoid any problems.