PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Wheel PSI Ratings

bsmith0404
06-15-2015, 04:38 PM
During different discussions on this forum, it has been stated that the max psi rating on trailer wheels is a cold pressure rating with tolerance for higher pressures when the tires heat up. According to reps at Sendel Wheel, that IS NOT accurate. The max psi listed for the wheel is just that MAX. I have the Sendel T03 rated for 100 psi on my RV. I installed Carlisle 235/85/16F tires with a cold pressure of 95 psi. When they heat up, the pressure typically rises to 104-105 range. Sendel recommended removing the tires or wheels ASAP., not doing that since it's just sitting in storage with about 90 psi in them. I'm contacting Carlisle to see if they can recommend a lower psi for the tire since I have a lot of room on the weight rating vs actual weight. If I can drop the tries to 85 or 90 psi cold I should be good. I really don't want to tell the DW that I need to get new wheels for the camper, that wouldn't go over well since she didn't understand why I was replacing tires after only owning it for a year.

PARAPTOR
06-15-2015, 05:08 PM
I called Carlisle before I purchased the ST235/85R16 F rated 3960 lb at 95 PSI and questioned the tire PSI I should use since I had 7K axles. Their response was they wanted 95 PSI in those tires regardless of total weight carried. Personally I thought at 95 PSI the Raptor had more of a bounce than the original china bombs ST235/80 R16 E rated at 80PSI. I think getting to 105+ PSI on the road is not unreasonable

EDIT: BRENT just curious what is max weight/PSI stamped on the inside of the rim? Be interested in what they tell you

bsmith0404
06-15-2015, 05:20 PM
max on the inside of the rim is 100. On my last trip I started out with 95 and hit 105 max, but most of the time they were 98-101. I was actually surprised they didn't get higher, but the temps didn't increase much either, only about 15-20 degrees.

GaryWT
06-15-2015, 05:36 PM
I believe my tires same max cold on the sides so in the morning I check them and we are good. Not sure is how close to max psi increase weight carrying at all.

On the other hand, tires not inflated to what they should be will heat up more and thus can cause the tread to peel off the tire base thus causing a blowout.

PARAPTOR
06-15-2015, 05:57 PM
If I recall there was a group of members who went with the G rated tires normal 110 PSI. think they were Sailun S637 wonder what rims they used? stock or upgraded?

bsmith0404
06-15-2015, 06:23 PM
That got me thinking because many threads have discussed people going to a G rated tire and they said their wheels were rated for 110. I checked Sendel's website and couldn't find any wheels rated higher than 110. Based on the information they gave me we wouldn't be able to use a G rated tire with any of their wheels. I sent another message asking them for recommendations. I will update this thread with their response when I get it.

bobbecky
06-15-2015, 09:38 PM
All the ratings on these wheels are for the cold inflation pressure. The design of all wheels allow for pressure increases due to heat buildup while traveling. If your wheels are rated 100 psi cold, then the 95 psi for those tires is just fine. Even if they increase to say 120 psi when in use, that is not the cold pressure, so nothing to worry about.

flybouy
06-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Sounds to me like both tire and wheel manufactures gave you the safe "CYA" leagalese advice.

JRTJH
06-16-2015, 04:09 AM
All the ratings on these wheels are for the cold inflation pressure. The design of all wheels allow for pressure increases due to heat buildup while traveling. If your wheels are rated 100 psi cold, then the 95 psi for those tires is just fine. Even if they increase to say 120 psi when in use, that is not the cold pressure, so nothing to worry about.

bobbecky,

The statement you've made (highlighted in red) is the purpose for this thread. The following quote from the OP's first post indicates that the representative he spoke with at Sendel Wheel Company stated the opposite,
("During different discussions on this forum, it has been stated that the max psi rating on trailer wheels is a cold pressure rating with tolerance for higher pressures when the tires heat up. According to reps at Sendel Wheel, that IS NOT accurate. The max psi listed for the wheel is just that MAX.")

The factory making the wheels gives information that there is NO allowance for pressure increases. One of these statements is incorrect, either yours or the one from Sendel. Hopefully we can obtain the "final answer" to this question and resolve the "which one is right" situation.

tank45
06-16-2015, 07:13 AM
I put Sailuns on my stock (110 psi) wheels. I have been running them at 110 psi because I also thought there would be allowance made for heat/pressure build up when traveling. Perhaps I should drop my pressure a bit?

Quad
06-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Mine is stamped max pressure of 100 psi also on my sendel wheels. However when speaking to a rep from sendel he would not give me a written response over email stating anything other then what you've been told bsmith. But he asked me to call him. I did and after explaining to him what and why I was doing. He told me my wheels can handle higher pressure with metal bolt in valve stems. However he nor sendel will give that blessing as their wheels have been rated at 100 psi max and repeated his story book manufacture safety warnings and comments to me. His statement to me was a read between the lines kinda thing. Now that obviously doesn't make it right, or should everyone do it, or anyone for that matter. It's a "your doing this at your own risk" scenario. However I run my sendel wheels at 100psi cold and have the same support as my factory tires with a peace of mind in my opinion and enjoy my Sailuns a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWtheMan
06-16-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm not going to print an answer here even though it's obvious, because I don't have a written reference to refer to.

The SAE certifies all DOT certified rims. So a clear and concise letter or email addressed to them should generate a like answer.

On edit: Here is a useful reference; https://www.sema.org/federal-regulation-aftermarket-parts?__utma=95790915.1064762701.1434474941.143447 4941.1434474941.1&__utmb=95790915.0.10.1434474941&__utmc=95790915&__utmx=-&__utmz=95790915.1434474941.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmcc n=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=38551531#Tires-Wheels

CW

GaryWT
06-16-2015, 09:15 AM
As I read this agIn, are you taking rims? When I first read wheels that is the complete set and I read the sidewall as to tire pressure. Would never dream that the rim had a limit on pressure, first I have heard of this but in my book it is poor planning for a company to make a rim that would not support a tire. Of course if I am still reading this wrong on will blame it on my brain being fried.

gearhead
06-16-2015, 01:39 PM
As I read this agIn, are you taking rims? When I first read wheels that is the complete set and I read the sidewall as to tire pressure. Would never dream that the rim had a limit on pressure, first I have heard of this but in my book it is poor planning for a company to make a rim that would not support a tire. Of course if I am still reading this wrong on will blame it on my brain being fried.

Huh?
Could you say that a different way, 'cause I'm lost now.

bsmith0404
06-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Okay, just for clarification, I use rim and wheel as the same, i.e. steel wheel/rim. I've never heard of it as a wheel is the complete assembly.

I spoke to a rep today and basically the answer I got was that the wheels (rims) are tested for the SAE certification. Part of the testing in order for them to get the certification is that they are tested to roughly 10% over rated psi. That does not mean they are safe to run psi of 10% over, they just need to meet that in order to get that particular rating. He actually pulled some data and the 110 psi wheels he looked at were tested at 130 and 100 psi wheels were tested at 110. Sorry, I didn't get the numbers for 80 psi wheels.

He also seemed to be more concerned about weight ratings than psi ratings. He described the wheel like an aluminum can being crinkled back and forth in your hand, eventually it rips or gets a hole. Wheels do the same thing and after enough time they break. Typical failures are where the spoke meets the hub. Some of our members have experienced this, he said straight up it is a load issue.

He also stated that the T03 is one of the most copied wheels on the market because there was not a copy right on it. When I told him what the weight of my trailer was, he said he recommends getting a heavier wheel on it. The T03 will support it initially, but he feels it is not the right wheel and is too close to being overloaded. In time, he'd expect a similar type failure with the spoke near the hub. He recommended the TR8 an T11 for my Alpine.

Finally, he said tires and wheels are not speced out for the trailer they are being installed on. The trailer manufacturer just tells the tire/wheel company what size/weight rating they want and what price range. The tire/wheel manufacturers are not aware what they are being installed on. I took this statement as basically saying it wasn't my recommendation to put those wheels on your RV.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions

CWtheMan
06-16-2015, 02:57 PM
This goes a long way back, and, of course, it’s from an old timer.

When I started working on wheels and tires in my Navy Aviation Rating they were off Beach Craft and Super Connies (which had expander tube brakes). Almost all wheels were in two pieces and held together with bolts. When the newer wheel assemblies started to become commonplace they were cast or molded into a single unit. For simplicity the two part wheels were called wheels and the single cast unit was called a rim.

Its kind of like the plies in a tire. They used to be all cotton and the tire strength was determined by the air pressure and number of plies. Then along came polyester, nylon, steel and other combos so the rating system was born. Back in the early days we referred to any tire with an 8 ply rating as really having 4 plies. That doesn’t work anymore because of other factors. About that time acronyms were becoming popular and we had a large appendix in our maintenance manuals to refer to when an acronym stumped us.

We just have to move on in life. Today we have our computers that tell us almost everything. I’m pretty good at finding things there too.

CW

Javi
06-16-2015, 03:10 PM

Huh?
Could you say that a different way, 'cause I'm lost now.

I'll translate it to Texan for y'all... :D

He's a thinkin' wheels is rims with tires on them and reads the pressure limit on the tire as the gospel of the bunch..

And he'd never figure in a months worth of Sundays that a rim wouldn't take any tire that would fit around it... never mind how much pressure..

Oh... somehow he fried up a mess of brains but can't find nobody to blame it on.. :D

gearhead
06-16-2015, 03:35 PM
I'll translate it to Texan for y'all... :D

He's a thinkin' wheels is rims with tires on them and reads the pressure limit on the tire as the gospel of the bunch..

And he'd never figure in a months worth of Sundays that a rim wouldn't take any tire that would fit around it... never mind how much pressure..

Oh... somehow he fried up a mess of brains but can't find nobody to blame it on.. :D

Oh! OK. Now that you translated it, I completely understand. lol
Sending some rain up your way. Holler when you had enough.

gearhead
06-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Back to being serious....looking at the Sendel website for my TO3BM 16" with 6 lugs and 80PSI with 3580# capacity, the 8 lug at 100PSI is also rated at 3580. I assume it is the same wheel with just the different lug pattern.
I'm running 5200# Dexter axles and at the most both axles are 9000# combined per several CAT scale visits. I'm well under the capacity of the axles and the wheels. My Maxxis E tires are rated at 3420. I think I'm good everywhere.
But...I'm thinking 2-3 years down the road I may want to step up to F rated Carlisle at 3960# at 95 PSI. I'm thinking (wishfully) that I'm 5PSI to the good with my current wheels.
http://www.sendelwheel.com/wheels/t03bm
Opinions?

Barbell
06-16-2015, 05:06 PM
I also run my Sailuns at 110 psi and I think they would not have stamped the "110 psi" on the wheel unless they expected that you would never move the trailer.

GaryWT
06-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Well OK, it is true I have not been able to think straight for a week and this all just confused me and I guess as a result I was confusing others. Thanks for interpreting things Javi...

For me when you install new tires it is rubber on existing rims and wheels are new rubber on new rims. But as stated in reality rims and wheels are basically the same thing I guess.

So you do learn something everyday and I find it interesting that the rims have various ratings, never knew this. For me I do not thing I have to worry since my trailer is under 8,000 pounds and my tires only go up to 65psi. No rim problems in 3 years so let's hope that continues

PARAPTOR
06-16-2015, 07:36 PM
Okay here is the configuration I have and feel comfortable with given my 7K axles;
Carlisle ST235/85R16 F tires rated 3960 LBS @ 95 PSI,
SENDEL 8 lug rims 3750 LBS Max 110PSI,
setting my Tire Minder to alert at 108 PSI which will allow for about a 14% pressure rise and still be below the rims 110PSI

If any thing may drop the tire PSI a few pounds for a smoother ride, will see how this works out on rest of the way home.

Do not see how you can make Sailuns @ 110PSI work without different rims ???

Have to say this has been a memorable trip into the OKLAHOMA/Texas Area (Tornado Warnings, Flooding/Winds). Well at least I now know the Raptor can be wind and water certified.

Current issue is to watch out for Alligators spotted on perimeter of camp ground and in near by flood made ponds. Now that roads are opening slowly working my way North (less excitement)

gearhead
06-16-2015, 08:12 PM
Okay here is the configuration I have and feel comfortable with given my 7K axles;
Carlisle ST235/85R16 F tires rated 3960 LBS @ 95 PSI,
SENDEL 8 lug rims 3750 LBS Max 110PSI,
setting my Tire Minder to alert at 108 PSI which will allow for about a 14% pressure rise and still be below the rims 110PSI

If any thing may drop the tire PSI a few pounds for a smoother ride, will see how this works out on rest of the way home.

Do not see how you can make Sailuns @ 110PSI work without different rims ???

Have to say this has been a memorable trip into the OKLAHOMA/Texas Area (Tornado Warnings, Flooding/Winds). Well at least I now know the Raptor can be wind and water certified.

Current issue is to watch out for Alligators spotted on perimeter of camp ground and in near by flood made ponds. Now that roads are opening slowly working my way North (less excitement)
Come on back down here again sometime. Don't look back, tropical storm Bill may catch you.
My son had a gator in his yard after his dogs. It won't be back. I saw a big one next to the highway last week. I wouldn't be surprised to have one in my yard.

audio1der
06-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Interesting thread. I spoke with a rep at Tredit who make our A162 wheels and he confirmed by email they would safely take 65psi/1900lbs.
But when we received our Kumho radial 857's, the wight rating is max'd at 69psi, not 65. The tire shop who swapped them inflated to 69.
While installing our TPMS sensors (I'm a safety geek) each tires settled to 68psi cold. They rose to 76/77psi on the sunny side while driving. It occurred to me that is measurably higher than Mr. Tredit told me was safe.
We are well underweight for all our suspension and tires- I'm thinking if we start at 67/68psi it will rise to whatever it wants to rise to and we'll be fine.
Am I off base?

bsmith0404
06-17-2015, 05:05 AM
Interesting thread. I spoke with a rep at Tredit who make our A162 wheels and he confirmed by email they would safely take 65psi/1900lbs.
But when we received our Kumho radial 857's, the wight rating is max'd at 69psi, not 65. The tire shop who swapped them inflated to 69.
While installing our TPMS sensors (I'm a safety geek) each tires settled to 68psi cold. They rose to 76/77psi on the sunny side while driving. It occurred to me that is measurably higher than Mr. Tredit told me was safe.
We are well underweight for all our suspension and tires- I'm thinking if we start at 67/68psi it will rise to whatever it wants to rise to and we'll be fine.
Am I off base?

Based on my understanding of the SAE testing, your 65 psi rated wheels were probably tested around 70-75 in order to obtain that rating. The wheel manufacturer will not tell you it's safe to run more than the 65 they are rated at. In my mind, knowing they were tested above that, the big question is how long will they safely hold up to higher pressures? I don't know the answer and I doubt you will find anyone who will tell you, even if they know.

PARAPTOR
06-17-2015, 05:22 AM
Come on back down here again sometime. Don't look back, tropical storm Bill may catch you.
My son had a gator in his yard after his dogs. It won't be back. I saw a big one next to the highway last week. I wouldn't be surprised to have one in my yard.

gearhead; Yes, this trip has been an experience to say the least. People we have met in the Oklahoma/Texas area are super!! Very laid back and friendly :cool: Recall some moments like calling ahead before moving between camp sites trying to avoid the bad weather (Flooding and Tornado Warnings) and hearing "we have some flooding and only couple roofs blown off" OKAY :eek:

Some camp site discussions are about drones, after being in this area for a while do not see it ever being a problem annoying people in this region.

"Dear, there is a drone out here, into the house, back on the porch, DRONE GONE and issue resolved :D "

Getting more Alligator spotting on/near camp site. :( Pulling out soon. Memphis traffic next excitement.

bsmith0404
06-17-2015, 10:42 AM
I just got a response back from Carlisle. They stated the 235/85R16 F tires I have on my RV will safely carry 3640 at 80 PSI, which is still well above my weight on wheels. They are rated for 3960 at 95 so I can safely reduce the air pressure a few lbs to keep them under the max of 100 for the wheel. They also recommended using nitrogen so I can run higher pressures at a more stable/constant pressure.

I'd still like to go to a heavier wheel, but for now I'm going to drop the air pressure to 90 cold.

gearhead
06-17-2015, 01:31 PM
I just got a response back from Carlisle. They stated the 235/85R16 F tires I have on my RV will safely carry 3640 at 80 PSI, which is still well above my weight on wheels. They are rated for 3960 at 95 so I can safely reduce the air pressure a few lbs to keep them under the max of 100 for the wheel. They also recommended using nitrogen so I can run higher pressures at a more stable/constant pressure.

I'd still like to go to a heavier wheel, but for now I'm going to drop the air pressure to 90 cold.
Good news. At least there is a plan "B".

CWtheMan
06-17-2015, 05:18 PM
I just got a response back from Carlisle. They stated the 235/85R16 F tires I have on my RV will safely carry 3640 at 80 PSI, which is still well above my weight on wheels. They are rated for 3960 at 95 so I can safely reduce the air pressure a few lbs to keep them under the max of 100 for the wheel.

In the context you have provided Carlisle can make such recommendations.

The FMVSS standard for tire and rim fitments only apply to the original equipment fitment. The regulation requires the tire be fitted to the appropriate rim. That would be one that supports the tire’s maximum load capacity and the inflation psi needed to provide that load capacity.

Carlisle reps have a tendency to bend their own rules. If you will look at Carlisle’s “best practices” PDF you will find that they never recommend less than maximum load capacities from their tires unless something lower is set by, or recommended by, the vehicle manufacturer to be lower than max.

IMO Lowering tire pressures to gain a “softer” or “better” ride is like asking for an unscheduled rest stop along some highway or byway.

CW

bsmith0404
06-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Carlisle knows that I have rims that have a max 100 psi and max weight of 3580. They are also aware that I have about 12500 lbs weight on wheels with 4 feet on the ground. They had all pertinent information to make the recommendations that they did. They basically just told me nitrogen would be a good option, but the tires can support 3640 at the lower psi.

I wouldn't be lowering them for a softer ride, I am lowering them to safely stay within the psi limits of the wheels.

I've also seen other charts put out by some tire manufacturers that give different loads at different psi for the same tires.

gearhead
06-18-2015, 05:46 AM
Carlisle knows that I have rims that have a max 100 psi and max weight of 3580. They are also aware that I have about 12500 lbs weight on wheels with 4 feet on the ground. They had all pertinent information to make the recommendations that they did. They basically just told me nitrogen would be a good option, but the tires can support 3640 at the lower psi.

I wouldn't be lowering them for a softer ride, I am lowering them to safely stay within the psi limits of the wheels.

I've also seen other charts put out by some tire manufacturers that give different loads at different psi for the same tires.

I'll beat on this dead horse some more.
I think you're good to go Brent.
Think of it this way...(acknowledging that there IS a difference in ST & LT tires) My Ford door sticker tire inflation numbers are 65PSI front, and 80PSI rear. Obviously, to me anyway, the rears are higher for load carrying capacity. And of course the rear tires and front tires are the same brand, model, etc. Do I drive around town with no load and my rear tires at 80PSI? No. I usually run all of them 65-70. When I load up the 5th, I bump them up. Higher pressure for higher loads.

audio1der
06-19-2015, 05:25 AM
Hmmm. I was quasi-aluding to this earlier; I think I should be able to safely run 65psi and allow the pressure to rise without worry. Starting at 69/69 may be a little too much.

Desert185
06-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Regardless of what we've discovered in this thread, its hard for me to believe that setting the max tire inflation pressure cold will create issues because of increased pressure due to rolling temperature rise. Logic would dictate that this completely understood phenomenon would be taken into account by those who design wheels for the pressure rating of tires to be used on their wheels.

This smells of lawyer speak more than anything else, but I'm just a suspicious consumer trying to understand the suspension/wheel/tire capability of my trailer. After all this time, we're re-inventing the wheel, so to speak?

CWtheMan
06-19-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll beat on this dead horse some more.
I think you're good to go Brent.
Think of it this way...(acknowledging that there IS a difference in ST & LT tires) My Ford door sticker tire inflation numbers are 65PSI front, and 80PSI rear. Obviously, to me anyway, the rears are higher for load carrying capacity. And of course the rear tires and front tires are the same brand, model, etc. Do I drive around town with no load and my rear tires at 80PSI? No. I usually run all of them 65-70. When I load up the 5th, I bump them up. Higher pressure for higher loads.

The recommended tire pressures for your truck are, as you say, found on the tire placard or in the vehicle owner's manual.

As written in the FMVSS, tire pressures for automotive vehicles MUST provide a percentage of load capacity reserves. The vehicle manufacturer is responsible for doing that with air pressure when they set the recommended inflation pressures.

RV trailer tires are not required to have any load capacity reserves. Because the ST tire manufacturers recommend that their tires should always be set at full sidewall pressures the trailer manufacturers will use the minimum tire requirement and set their inflation pressures at sidewall max. It's almost a 100% industry standard for ST tires.

CW

CWtheMan
06-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Regardless of what we've discovered in this thread, its hard for me to believe that setting the max tire inflation pressure cold will create issues because of increased pressure due to rolling temperature rise. Logic would dictate that this completely understood phenomenon would be taken into account by those who design wheels for the pressure rating of tires to be used on their wheels.

This smells of lawyer speak more than anything else, but I'm just a suspicious consumer trying to understand the suspension/wheel/tire capability of my trailer. After all this time, we're re-inventing the wheel, so to speak?

You're correct, and it's called thermal equilibrium. When using that term in conjunction with tires you can search and find the mathematical formulas.

CW

PARAPTOR
06-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Okay pulling out in the morning, because of the lack of phone service here, I could not call any vendors to see what the latest story is :banghead:

So here is the final configuration I decided to go with for the Raptor:
GVWR 16,500 with 7K axles;
Carlisle ST235/85R16 F rated tires ----- 3960 LBS @ 95 PSI, (Pumped to 95 PSI)
SENDEL T08 8 lug rims (wheels) rated at 3750 LBS and Max 110 PSI,
Set my Tire Minder to alert at 108 PSI which will allow for about a 14% pressure rise and still be just below the rims (wheels) 110 PSI

On the trip north, I will see if I get any alarms, as well as, periodically monitor the max PSI

CWtheMan
06-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Okay pulling out in the morning, because of the lack of phone service here, I could not call any vendors to see what the latest story is :banghead:

Set my Tire Minder to alert at 108 PSI which will allow for about a 14% pressure rise and still be just below the rims (wheels) 110 PSI

On the trip north, I will see if I get any alarms, as well as, periodically monitor the max PSI

The Sendel TR8 rims are rated at 3960# at 110 psi.

http://sendelwheel.com/wheels/tr8..

CW

audio1der
06-21-2015, 10:01 PM

Pararaptor- is your pin weight 2500lbs? (2 x 7K axles with a GVWR of 16,500)

PARAPTOR
06-22-2015, 03:53 AM
The Sendel TR8 rims are rated at 3960# at 110 psi.

http://sendelwheel.com/wheels/tr8..

CW

I have pictures of my wheel 3750 lbs at 110 PSI (previous post). Did not take picture of other stamping but did use a small mirror the other day to see other stampings and as far as I can tell they were stamped "TO8" and by the picture on the sendel site (see link) looks like them.

http://sendelwheel.com/wheels/t08bmls

Response to other post:

GVWR is not all on axles (pin weight plus axle) Raptor Pin weight is over 3K

PARAPTOR
06-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Okay, here is some information I have gathered so far

So far no Tire Minder alarms (set point 108 PSI). Highest tire pressure seen was 106.3 PSI traveling AT 65MPH with outside ambient temps 95 plus. That's a PSI rise of around 11 and close to a 12% rise. At this tire pressure I was at around 97% of the Max Wheel (rim) pressure of 110PSI. Real close to Max and closer than what I would like to be. Unfortunately co-pilot did not get tire temp. Sometime when you try and push your luck you get nothing :eek:

if I would have started out with a tire requiring 110 PSI, a standard 110 PSI max rated wheel (rim) would have experienced around 123 PSI, 12% greater than the Max pressure

gearhead
06-25-2015, 02:59 PM
Sounds good to me. Rock & roll.

bsmith0404
06-28-2015, 06:04 AM
According to the good people at Sendel, the T08 an 11 are stamped at 3750, but they have test documentation that they were tested good for 3960.

audio1der
06-28-2015, 07:45 AM
^Another indication that wheels and tires are both given cold inflation figures, and are safe to use with normal temperature rise.

PARAPTOR
06-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Still moving on, looks like the sweet spot is about 106 PSI, no alarms experienced. Brent, I can not wait to get back to call these companies and see what answers I get. My experience with these companies answers depend on who you talk to. Maybe I can get them to say wheels stamped at 110 PSI are really 120, (no "2" stamp, only 1 and zero) :banghead: I could live with 120 PSI.

Really had minor issues with tires on this leg, spent an hour parked on I-40 E. 18 wheeler attempting to cut grass in between opposing lanes. It is amazing how popular you become with an RV parked in traffic. Looked in mirror and seen people running along road toward Raptor :eek: then realized why they were running (Head on wheels). Moving on :D

CWtheMan
06-28-2015, 12:37 PM
I have pictures of my wheel 3750 lbs at 110 PSI (previous post). Did not take picture of other stamping but did use a small mirror the other day to see other stampings and as far as I can tell they were stamped "TO8" and by the picture on the sendel site (see link) looks like them.

http://sendelwheel.com/wheels/t08bmls

Response to other post:

GVWR is not all on axles (pin weight plus axle) Raptor Pin weight is over 3K

I provided the info on the Sendel TR8 because it's width is 6 and I/2" and that's the minimum width requirement for all LT235/85R16G steel cased tires.

http://sendelwheel.com/wheels/tr8

CW