PDA

View Full Version : Monitor sensor lights

roadglide
06-14-2015, 07:14 PM
The black water sensor always show 2/3 full the gray very seldom show empty . The straw that broke the camels back was the generator ran out of gas showing 1/4 full and its 91 degrees . My list is adding up for dealer repair. I beleave the senders are in side the holding tanks. I know it can't be paper because I'm very carefull with the crap paper folding it up and disposing of it in a wallmart daily.

chuckster57
06-14-2015, 07:23 PM
The tank sensors are installed on the outside of the tank and protrude into the tank. Under some conditions I have seen enough condensation to give false readings.

Try opening the waste valves and leaving them open for 15-20 minutes. Another possibility is the wires were hooked up wrong, I've seen that too.

There are 4 wires in a resister pack, one ground and three "levels" they are color coded, but I've seen them hooked up wrong.
Not sure how the fuel tank is set up.

roadglide
06-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks chuck I'll try that leaving the valves open. I hope the fuel gage is off and not the 20 hour onan taking a dump . The oil was good right befor I started it. I think it's out of fuel . I'll now more tomorrow.