PDA

View Full Version : Dicor Sealant question for TPO roofing

rbev2308
06-14-2015, 04:26 AM
After searching for 30 mins on various threads and not finding the answer, here is my question. I know from my search and checking that my Alpine has a TPO roof. I am desiring to install the Ultra Breeze vent cover over my Fantastic fan. It requires removal of 4 screws to mount. The entire frame is covered in sealant and cannot simply remove sealant just around screw holes as you need to remove applicable amount to allow bracket to seat down so the screw will set. My question is Dicor makes an Ultra Sealant for TPO roofing and has a 2nd part which is a primer to make conditions for adherence better. My thoughts are this is probably good for an entire roof vent replacement. But for such a small area about 1.5 x 1.5 inches, would it really be necessary to use primer or can I just use the sealant. I know the EPDM and TPO are somewhat similar and reg lap sealant does not require the primer.. Just seeing if anyone else has encountered this on their TPO roof. Buddy of mine used the regular Dicor sealant for EPDM on his and had no leaks. I believe in following directives and if the ultra sealant is for TPO than that is what I will use..just not sure on this primer issue.. Thanks!!!!

Seabee
06-14-2015, 04:36 AM
There is a sealant specifically made for the Alpha TPO roof that does not require a primer.

rwmurphy15
06-14-2015, 04:57 AM
I wanted to keep some sealant on hand just in case of any problems. As I also have the alpha TPO roof. The service manage where I got my RV said that ultra sealant would be fine for small areas or touch up without the primer. Large areas like replacing a roof vent would require both. Also something I did not know was you need a different sealant for your skylite not the ultra sealant. Ultra sealant for the rest of the areas on the roof and then a different sealant for the vertical areas. So now I carry 3 different tubes of sealant.

rbev2308
06-14-2015, 05:32 AM
So I guess all Keystone roofing membrane are Alpha Systems...anyway, here is what I found for horizontal applications. 1010 is for vertical

Alpha systems P1015 sealant