PDA

View Full Version : Well.. we finally met them

Javi
06-12-2015, 07:03 AM
We're camped at Goose Island SP for the umpteenth time and up until now any neighbor we had while here has been great. We're not big socializers but we will visit or at least speak to the folks on either side of us.

When we pulled up we found their pickup parked in our pad, I got out and walked the site because the road is tight and our appointed site has the dumpster directly across from it. It's doable but tight with nearly 60 foot of truck and trailer..

Both of the neighbors were sitting under the covered table area of their site and when I said howdy just looked up and without so much as a howdy, then went on about their business..

I stood there a moment and said folks can one of y'all move your pickup so we can setup camp.. NO response at all, just ignored me..

So, I asked again, and was told that there was plenty of room if I just pull it in instead of backing in.. My reply was we have slides and the wife likes to look out the picture window at the water.

They grudgingly moved their truck but kept making comments while I setup.. We tried a couple of times to be civil to no avail, and passed the evening in silence.

The next morning we took the truck into town for some shopping and when we returned they had another couple join them and they set up their tent with it actually touching our slide on the door side so we can't even walk by to get to the water.

They are within their area as delineated by marking and we are on our side of the line.. I made sure because these triple slides do take up room. But they have two small tents and have plenty of room in their area without crowding us. There is room for two tents on the other side. DW said I should fuss about it to the camp staff but I told her that they ARE in their site so we have no gripe coming.. We'll just have to make the best of it and go on...

Like I said we love coming here and this is the first time we've had problems with the neighbors...

Any of y'all run into these folks in your travels..

GaryWT
06-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Luckily these lovely people are in the minority. We have had a few through the years but for the most part our neighbors have been fine. Hope you can enjoy it anyway.

bsmith0404
06-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Can't say that I've ever come across anyone that inconsiderate. I'd probably end up dumping a lot of water on the ground near the tents to test their waterproofing.....just being considerate and helpful of course, I'd hate for them to discover they have a floor leak in the middle of a rainstorm.

Festus2
06-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Any of y'all run into these folks in your travels..

Yes. They were camped right beside us 2 weeks ago. Guess they didn't mention my name.......:D

byrdr1
06-12-2015, 09:34 AM
been there done that at the State park camp ground. Labor day weekend a couple years back. we had been there for most of the week just chillin'. a group came in behind us on a smaller campsite that fist a tent well. they were partying and partying all night long. we turned the AC up and it kept it quiet in our camper.
got up the next morning the site was covered in beer cans and bottles.
A ranger came through and I was standing there looking at the site when He saw me he slowed down and I just pointed a finger towards the ground. He stopped and got on the radio, it wasn't several minute another showed up.
Hey who ever is in this tent needs to come out now.. DRESSED.
I was back behind my camper at this time :) . they had to clean the site up and he made them dump their cooler with what was left and they were gone with in one hour. It was what it was. I am all for good time but not at other's expense. and in NC state parks no Alcohol allowed.
fair warning on everything you see, read or sign..
randy

Steve S
06-12-2015, 10:37 AM
We once parked beside a bunch of goofs smoking pot, we can't stand the smell of that crap! I asked them if they could smoke that stuff elsewhere but they told me to F%@K off:eek:
Darla went to the park manager, I never asked what she said but the manager asked them to leave as there was no drugs allowed in the park. He told them if they didn't they law would drop by. I guess that was enough and they left"bouncey:
That was yrs ago and we've never had a problem since:)

Javi
06-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Well, when we got back from the beach I gave the pups a bath outside... funny thing about water... it runs down hill :D :D

bsmith0404
06-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Well, when we got back from the beach I gave the pups a bath outside... funny thing about water... it runs down hill :D :D

Good man, it's always good to see someone who takes good care of their animals.

Quad
06-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Funny how things work out sometimes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken / Claudia
06-12-2015, 11:02 PM
I was thinking you could tilt the trailer and get the A/C water from the roof to drip on those tents all night. Or have the dump hose fail and let loose some black water over by the tent. But, the dog wash, that's a good one.

byrdr1
06-13-2015, 02:00 AM
Dogs need baths too. Keeps them clean and the camper too. :)
randy

rbev2308
06-13-2015, 06:11 AM
camping in the outer banks last year, couple next to us had swiped our picnic table. Asked for it back since all their stuff was on it and they said they were told no one was camping on that site so I showed them the receipt. They pointed across the way to some empty tables. After midnight, I went back out and noticed they left all the stuff on the one for my site and theres was empty so we snaked it around and moved. The next morning they came out and looked and developed a plan. I took my 242 lb Mastiff out and tied him off to the picnic table. Four of them came around front and then seen the dog and then retreated. They took the next night so I walked my dog right on the edge of the border line and allowed him to piss. Mastiffs can piss a gallon and its pungent!!! and you do not have to clean it up. I should not resort to this stuff but every so often you run into some knucklehead...

sourdough
06-13-2015, 08:55 AM
Good job Javi! I think I would wash my pups 2-3 times a day and leave the hose running the entire time until the tent area sat in a lake......just thinking:D

LuvsPalmTrees
06-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Nothing is worse than "weekend warriors" we call them. We had someone actually cut through our site and walked under our awning. My dog was tied out and fate would have it that they tripped on the dog tie out. They never cut through our site again. Very few people are that rude camping but you run into some that make you shake your head.

14george
06-15-2015, 02:20 PM
I respect the privacy of others I don't cut through occupied sites

notanlines
06-15-2015, 05:40 PM
The people in our winter retreat/RV park don't even walk through a vacant slot next to an occupied RV. And everybody , and I mean everybody, says "hi" when they walk by. Maybe it is because of their age . . . .:D

LuvsPalmTrees
06-19-2015, 02:57 AM
One of the reasons I love to go camping is so that you get to meet people. We always say "Hi", "Good Morning", "Nice evening" and so on. We taught our children early on to never cut through a campsite. They now camp on their own and have taught their spouses camping etiquette.

Rancehood
06-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Funny thing, we had the same thing happen. We had a group of boy scout campers walk through our site at 7 AM in the morning. Our site was the last site on the loop and there was a shortcut to the fresh water spring in the park. It wasn't that they were walking near my site, they walked so close they were walking under the awning of my hi-low. At one point I heard them whisper "be quite there is someone in there". It was so bad that after the third group of kids walked through I went to the ranger.

It was bad enough during the day but it be came a little unsettling when they started coming out of the woods in the evening.

The ranger stated that he would talk to the campers but several other groups from individual camp sites still made their way through our site. Several times I redirected groups as they started down the path into our site to walk around. :banghead:

C130
06-28-2015, 02:48 PM
I think I would have accidentally pulled the grey water tank valve the first night and if it didn't improve I'd try some black water discharge.

Speaking of black water I did embarrass myself on my trip last week when an almost brand new sewer hose came apart while dumping the black water tank right before departing. Just a "crappy" hose I guess as the hose just came loose from the plastic connector. Luckily it was pea gravel all around the area and I got it shut off really quick but it seemed like forever for the water to stop flowing. It was not a cheap hose either but man did I feel bad. I cleaned the area really good though before leaving. I had just bought some huge, really thick, rubber gloves from Northern Tool which came in very handy.

wesaysoracing
06-29-2015, 10:46 AM
I met them this weekend ,Friday afternoon i showed up at my spot I rented and a truck and boat trailer was parked in it asked around and found out who it belonged to unfortunately they were out boating and did not show up for 2 more hours, I asked them if they could move it and they said they would when they were ready to, the camp host and a park ranger convinced them that they needed to move right then, I got set up and they were walking thru my camp site throwing trash in it and just being jerks , taunting my dog , my girlfriends brother showed up Saturday morning (state trooper) in civilian clothes, after about 2 hours of their behavior he went and talked to them, come to find out the camper and truck was stolen as with the boat trailer ,boat and truck, they spent the rest of the weekend at the Graybar Hilton and I had a good weekend of peace and quiet

KSH
06-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Who are these people. . Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

rode2nowhere
06-29-2015, 03:23 PM
probly my in town neighbor

wesaysoracing
06-29-2015, 04:56 PM
they were just a bunch of Arkansas rednecks

floatflyer
06-29-2015, 11:05 PM
Sometimes Karma gets it right. As a former cop I used to enjoy telling jerks to enjoy the nasty bologna sandwiches they were about to have while I got a real lunch.

flybouy
06-30-2015, 06:34 AM
Nothing is worse than "weekend warriors" we call them. We had someone actually cut through our site and walked under our awning. My dog was tied out and fate would have it that they tripped on the dog tie out. They never cut through our site again. Very few people are that rude camping but you run into some that make you shake your head.

Had this issue at one campground where the the idiots thought our site was a public byway. Tied the dogs at each end and made a cardboard sign that read "Beware - dog has diarrhea - watch your step" Placed it on a wooden stake with a pair of mud stained gloves draped over it. Funny how no one cut thru after that."bouncey:

JRTJH
06-30-2015, 06:38 AM
Had this issue at one campground where the the idiots thought our site was a public byway. Tied the dogs at each end and made a cardboard sign that read "Beware - dog has diarrhea - watch your step" Placed it on a wooden stake with a pair of mud stained gloves draped over it. Funny how no one cut thru after that."bouncey:

Now that's definitely a "passive/aggressive" solution that avoids any confrontation LOL Great plan

crash
06-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Hershey Squirts works everytime:D

gkainz
06-30-2015, 07:41 AM
I don't cut thru other people's campsites, and really dislike it when others do. One of my pet peeves is a number of campgrounds that don't have access to lake front or other "areas of interest" that don't cut thru or too close to someone's site.

I've apologized to a few campers with "sorry, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to get to the lake from here". They were understanding. Granted, it didn't go "thru" their site, like under the awning or anything, but just closer than I would like, had it been me camping in that spot.

PARAPTOR
06-30-2015, 10:17 AM

LMAO.... YOU MADE MY DAY !!! THX Going to find some gloves :D

LuvsPalmTrees
07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Flybouy that is hilarious. I'm sitting at my desk at work trying not to laugh out loud. Our new dog looks a little more intimidating than our last dog (RIP). People are not sure how to take her. She looks like a wolf but is a mutt.

BirchyBoy
07-01-2015, 01:41 PM
I kind of afraid that I might the person that some campers "meet". We have two dogs that like to bark. I do what I can to stop them, but that doesn't always happen. I'm sure there have been a few people happy to see us pull our camper out of their slice of heaven.

sourdough
07-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Birchyboy - I'm afraid you might be right. Barking dogs are right up there on my list of "don't likes". Not many things are more annoying to any camper than to try to sit in a beautiful place trying to enjoy it but all you can hear is someone's dogs yapping incessantly.

I've got my pup and love her dearly. I taught her from the time I got her not to bark....and she doesn't. I allow her to get her hackles up, growl and then bark in her aggressive mode if warranted (pit bull mix);).

If you can't control the barking I would put the dogs in the trailer if it were me....that's the courteous thing to do.:)

LuvsPalmTrees
07-01-2015, 05:17 PM
My dog does not bark either. She will put up her hackles but not always. She is a rescue dog and was running they figure for about 3 - 4 months. She is a very good stalker and killer of all small furry critters. When we camp in the state campground I have to make sure she does not kill off the chipmunk population.