PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Prep.

Hamops
06-11-2015, 06:25 PM
We have a 2014 Avalanche 295RL 5vr, and it has an exterior satellite connection point in the service compartment in the left side of the basement. I wanted to connect up our dish but when I did nothing worked.

Does anyone know where the other end of the cable is terminated inside the trailer?

chuckster57
06-11-2015, 06:44 PM
At the main TV, does the booster have two coax connections on it? If so, then the lower one should be the SAT IN connection.

I have seen an additional "outlet" in the same area that has two coax connections with a short coax loop joining them together. If that is what you have, then that's where the receiver goes IIRC. I can't remember which is OUT to receiver and IN to TV. And of my overheated brain is still working that's the same line for park cable, so you have to turn the booster OFF.

Scttw
06-18-2015, 02:29 AM
The direct through connection is the master bedroom on my Alpine - then it piggy-backs to the living room. There is no direct connection to the living room.

Try the bedroom first. I have 2 ports outside. It's the bottom one outside and the top one inside to watch satellite in the BR.