PDA

View Full Version : BBQ hook up

LarryL
03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Well I called Coleman about connecting a Paul jr to the QD on the trailer
they said the Paul jr reg is 1/2psi,the trailer must be more then that?
I took a QD fitting and the Paul jr reg to a shop to get a hose connected,when they took the reg off they said they had no fitting that
small.
So if anyone has connected a Paul jr to the trailer QD,please tell me
and send some pic if you can:confused:

Maxzd
03-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Well I called Coleman about connecting a Paul jr to the QD on the trailer
they said the Paul jr reg is 1/2psi,the trailer must be more then that?
I took a QD fitting and the Paul jr reg to a shop to get a hose connected,when they took the reg off they said they had no fitting that
small.
So if anyone has connected a Paul jr to the trailer QD,please tell me
and send some pic if you can:confused:

Not familiar With this but fairview fittings will know. Call them and ask or see if they have a hose in their catalog online.

http://www.fairviewfittings.com/index.html

Good luck.

Bob Landry
03-16-2011, 08:06 AM
The stove/grill is going to run on Low pressure if you are connected to the trailer's QD. The available QDs are going to be either 1/4" or 3/8" threads. The regulator on the grill probably has 1/4" threads, but you can take if off and take it to a propane shop or a good hardware store that has propane fittings. HD and Lowes may not be much help here since they handle common generic item. The regulator on my grill had 1/4" threads and all I had to do with it was unscrew it and screw in the male half of the QD.You may have to use an adapter or two to mate the grill with the QD and the hose to the trailer connection, but it's simple to do with common gas fittings. I did it with my Weber Baby Q and had no issues at all. Mr Heater brand is a good source for QDs and most of the RV places sell those. Then it's simply a matter of finding hardware to adapt it all together. Use gas QDs, not the ones for air compressors as they will leak.

LarryL
03-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi Bob I just called called coleman about hookin up to the trailer they said no
can do the paul jr takes 15 wc and the trailer only about 11,i realy
want to run it through the QD others have but have not said how they connected to the BBQ the problem i have is the fitting on the coleman reg
is smaller then 1/4 in.::confused::

Bob Landry
03-16-2011, 12:00 PM
All I can think of is that they used a non-standard regulator/gas orifice and a proprietary fitting and it requires a canister type bottle(high pressure)maybe to get through a smaller orifice and it needs the extra pressure. I'm not an LP expert and all I can go by is what I did to mine and it works fine. Seems like I've read posts on using the Coleman Roadtrip grills with QC but I can't reference where. I would go over to RV.net and do a search on it. Lots of good information over there and someone may can offer better advice than I can.. Good Luck. If I run across anything, I'll post it here or PM you. BTW, just to make sure you are clear on it, you know the regulator has to be removed and replaced with the QD male fitting? I just looked at RV.net and there are pages of posts about tdoing what you want to do.. Happy reading..

LarryL
03-16-2011, 12:19 PM
thanks Bob I will go there and hope find my answer.