PDA

View Full Version : What do you haul in your 326srx?

TandE
06-06-2015, 05:55 PM
Just like the title says. We are looking at trading up out of our TT into a toy hauler and looks as though this will fit the bill perfectly. When we originally bought our first two trailers we were not thinking about kids. Well now we have one and the garage area would be nice. We toured one today and we both like it very much. Was going to go with a bigger toy hauler like carbon but the options on those I don't know if we would use that often like the generator or fuel station. Originally I wanted a bigger garage so I can take the toy hauler and snowmobiles but changed my mind about that. If I do use it the machines can be towed in another friends snowmobile trailer and meet there. The only other toy would be a Polaris rzr trail and that should fit no problem.

Wife didn't like the storage solutions on the carbon inside and I want auto level but both liked the second bathroom. Wife liked the inside of the fusions we went in and I liked the auto level and second bathroom but dislike the price.

So enough of rambling what do you haul in your srx?

Travis

Desert185
06-06-2015, 06:10 PM
See sig...

TandE
06-06-2015, 08:34 PM
I see it says you have a rzr coming. Are you going to haul it in your srx?

Travis

Desert185
06-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Yes. The 50" Trail 900.

TandE
06-06-2015, 08:39 PM
When are you expecting to receive it? I've been looking for a picture with an srx with one in the garage to see how it fits and the room left over but no such luck yet.

Travis

Desert185
06-06-2015, 08:40 PM
I've decided to wait until the 2016's arrive, so Sept at the earliest.

FTWingRiders
06-07-2015, 11:17 AM
This is a 325srx.. Here is what we haul... Honda goldwing with a couple bicycles if just us, or we turn it into a bedroom for the two older boys if they come too.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_174535_0_1669e36fc6f042c0a860844717ff8a41.jpg (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/mib657861/media/Toy%20Hauler/DSC_5838_zps1a0b6d07.jpg.html)

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_174535_1_8dfb1d3c85258551fe87c4ffba5df8f8.jpg (http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/mib657861/media/Toy%20Hauler/IMG_0503_zps8f4b64de.jpg.html)

TandE
06-08-2015, 03:35 AM
I looked at a 325 a when we bought our TT but didn't really like the way the garage was mainly because I need the whole thing to be at least 10 feet long. Little did I know that was the last year of it and two months or so later I saw the new one at our dealer. Oh well.

So what is the wood thing for?

Travis

Desert185
06-08-2015, 06:54 AM
We liked the 325's dinette, but not at the expense of losing garage space (where the Splendide would go in the 326). We really like the 326 and don't miss the dinette at all.

TandE
06-08-2015, 07:03 AM
We liked the 325's dinette, but not at the expense of losing garage space (where the Splendide would go in the 326). We really like the 326 and don't miss the dinette at all.

I like our current dinette but after having it and only using it once over 2 years I would rather have the recliner couch. We like a lot of people just would rather eat outside.

Travis

crash
06-08-2015, 08:12 AM
We dont have that model ,we have the Raptor with the 14 ft garage and we haul all of these .We can get all 3 in but its really tight .Next time I have all of them loaded up I will take some pictures

Desert185
06-08-2015, 08:22 AM
We find the couch to be surprisingly comfortable and have no issue with using the couch table for indoor dining.

As a 326SRX side note, the two 10"x47" overhead windows above the couch slide contributed to much of the interior heat with the afternoon sun streaming in. We cut to fit some insulated, aluminum film, reflective wrap which considerably reduced the interior heat rise. It was in the upper 80's here yesterday and the interior temp stayed 4-5dF cooler than outside temp with two of the roof vents and the entry door open. Normally, it would be warmer inside than outside in the afternoon. Big improvement.

Face Down
06-08-2015, 10:55 AM
We have a buddy that has a SRX and can get his lifted EZ-GO Golf Cart in but it is a tight fit. In fact he had to chop the supports a couple of inches and lower the cart roof. Also, the approach angle is pretty steep so he stated that loading and un-loading is a bit of a pain.

Desert185
06-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Those metal ramp brackets adjust quite a bit. Putting a hump between the two part ramp may help him out on the angle. Said in case he hasn't thought of adjusting the angle...

Face Down
06-08-2015, 12:09 PM
I just re-read your first post and wanted to note that a generator is not standard on the Carbon's, you can get one without it and save 4-5K on the price. You would definitely have no problem with a Razor in any of the Carbon's. For now we put our Club Car in, it is lifted, 24" tires and a rear seat and we have room to spare. Might get me a Razor in the future, we have lots of friends who go riding, but as it is now I don't have time to camp at the lake and beach like I want to.

https://db.tt/VDMpUVoR

https://db.tt/tJuoOtsB

TandE
06-08-2015, 12:55 PM
I just re-read your first post and wanted to note that a generator is not standard on the Carbon's, you can get one without it and save 4-5K on the price. You would definitely have no problem with a Razor in any of the Carbon's. For now we put our Club Car in, it is lifted, 24" tires and a rear seat and we have room to spare. Might get me a Razor in the future, we have lots of friends who go riding, but as it is now I don't have time to camp at the lake and beach like I want to. As for staying under 50K...we did that with our 357 and it is loaded minus the frame-less windows.

https://db.tt/VDMpUVoR

https://db.tt/tJuoOtsB

I know I can get it without the gen set but most of the time our dealers around here order them with them.

I wanted to look at a 357 cause the wife wanted to see the kitchen layout. Closest one is 2 or so hours away and I don't feel like going that far just to look. So we went into a unit that had a similar kitchen layout and she did not like it at all. Granted it was not the same unit but it looked to be close enough. She also did not like the lack of cabinets in the 377 too.

Pretty much we both are happy how the 326 is layer out and feels. I just wanted to see pictures of what people haul in theirs for a reference as I don't have the rzr yet either.

I see you bought at rv wholesalers. I have seen some of their pricing and it blows my dealers prices out of the water. My dealer wants 55 ish for a 377 carbon. Rv wholesalers list theirs at 49 ish with second AC patio kit and screen door on the garage as mine just is the normal unit no second AC or patio stuff. I know shipping plays a part in some of the price but that seems ridiculous to be 5-7 thousand less with more options.

Travis

Face Down
06-08-2015, 01:38 PM
I see you bought at rv wholesalers. I have seen some of their pricing and it blows my dealers prices out of the water. My dealer wants 55 ish for a 377 carbon. Rv wholesalers list theirs at 49 ish with second AC patio kit and screen door on the garage as mine just is the normal unit no second AC or patio stuff. I know shipping plays a part in some of the price but that seems ridiculous to be 5-7 thousand less with more options.

Travis

We had a great experience with RV Wholesalers, it was a very easy transaction from start to finish. I bought the trailer without even seeing it, I had a buddy do the same with them last year and he recommend them to me. Their dealer prep was awesome or either Keystone sent them a unit with zero defects. We are very happy with how everything turned out and I would recommend them in a instant. Add to that, we saved 1000's over our local dealer.

As to that 377 that they have, we almost bought that one but I opted for the shorter and lighter 357 that they had on order. They have had that 377 on their lot since at least the beginning of April so they might be looking to discount it even more. Also, if you arrange financing through them, they take another $1500 off the price. That does not mean they finance it, they just broker it. I ended up with financing through BofA and was very happy with the interest rate. The only clause with that discount is, if you pay it off with in the first 12 months you have to give back the $1500. If you have anymore questions about them feel free to send me a PM.

TandE
06-08-2015, 06:39 PM
One of the major issues for me about them is they are 2400 miles away from me. If they were closer I would consider them.

Travis

dave-g
06-09-2015, 01:44 AM
I have a 325srx- and fit 3 - ktm dirt bikes in it.(for racing) I took 3/4 plywood- that clamps to the factory tie downs, then I bolted wheel chocks to the plywood. When family camping I undo the clamps and the plywood is taken out- and a rug and futon go in.

I have a Honda 3000 generator I take with us on most trips- even when going somewhere with full hookup- I like the option of stopping for lunch or rest and having power if needed.

TandE
06-09-2015, 03:46 AM
I have a 325srx- and fit 3 - ktm dirt bikes in it.(for racing) I took 3/4 plywood- that clamps to the factory tie downs, then I bolted wheel chocks to the plywood. When family camping I undo the clamps and the plywood is taken out- and a rug and futon go in.

I have a Honda 3000 generator I take with us on most trips- even when going somewhere with full hookup- I like the option of stopping for lunch or rest and having power if needed.

Anyway to get a picture of how you clamped it to the factory tie downs? That seems like a good idea.

Travis

bsmith0404
06-09-2015, 04:46 AM
Travis,

Just to put things in perspective bit, you can add about $3500 for shipping to your location. Based on that, $5,000 extra at your local dealership isn't that bad of a deal for having local support. Do a search and read through some of the threads about dealing with warranty or repair issues with dealers where you did not purchase your RV. Additionally, you said that was your dealers list price, in the RV world, working a deal for several thousand less than list is normal so in the end, you can probably work a deal that is very similar to what you can get from RV wholesalers, including some of the other options you mentioned, and have the local relationship if anything goes wrong.

TandE
06-17-2015, 10:57 AM
I have a question for you 326srx owners. Does the rear ramp latches have holes to put a lock on them? I don't remember seeing anything on them but wasn't really paying attention to it.

Travis

Desert185
06-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Yes. There is hole on either latch. I use a long-hasp lock on one of them to lock the ramp door.

jje1960
06-17-2015, 01:36 PM
We really do love our 325. After the alteration with the garage wall and door removal, we love it even more! This mod provided just enough extra width that loading and being able to move around the cart really made things easier.

TandE
06-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Yes. There is hole on either latch. I use a long-hasp lock on one of them to lock the ramp door.

Thanks for that I couldn't remember if I saw one or not and the pictures online I find I can't really see if there is one.

We really do love our 325. After the alteration with the garage wall and door removal, we love it even more! This mod provided just enough extra width that loading and being able to move around the cart really made things easier.

How wide long and tall is that cart?

Travis

jje1960
06-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Thanks for that I couldn't remember if I saw one or not and the pictures online I find I can't really see if there is one.

How wide long and tall is that cart?

Travis
It's like 104" L - 46" W - 69" H

It's a 2009 RXV, 48V, 10" Wheels, low profile tires.

TandE
07-10-2015, 04:48 AM

Sorry going to bump this thread to see if you have pictures of your setup of plywood and chalks. I like that idea and would like to see it.

Travis

hdxbonez
07-12-2015, 06:26 AM
Unlike most others, although I have street bikes, I dont haul them in the SRX. Mine is set up as a year round camp on property we own in New Hampshire. We put an area rug in the garage, and use it as a mudroom, guest room, dining area, secure storage, etc.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_178685_0_e7d67b7894134999df13b9ce82f1c33e.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_178685_1_cd8e1b741b6e7f0d264a6864bdd541f7.jpg

Desert185
07-12-2015, 10:17 AM
I really like the flexibility our 326 offers.

Fireboater
09-20-2015, 07:31 PM
We are looking at the 326SRX for a retirement trailer to haul our Harley, has anyone had issues with the Tie downs pulling loose.My plan is to use a Harbor Freight wheel chock which I think should take a lot strain off of the Tie downs, I would appreciate your views on this.
Thanks
John

notanlines
09-21-2015, 02:32 AM
Fireboater, would you put a $85.00 leather jacket on to ride a $25,000 machine? Then why trust a $40.00 wheel chock to tie down said bike? RZR's yes, bikes no. And before all of you get your panties in a wad, I do peruse
HF on occasion, but I don't buy things that require quality to perform.

bsmith0404
09-21-2015, 06:17 AM
Everything I have ever purchased from HF required some type of modification to make it work properly. Well except the bungee cords, they just required throwing into the trash can. Made the mistake of buying a 10 pack of the rubber ones with the S hooks. Each one lasted about 4 days before breaking. Of course, now I have a bunch of S hooks.

Desert185
09-21-2015, 02:15 PM
We are looking at the 326SRX for a retirement trailer to haul our Harley, has anyone had issues with the Tie downs pulling loose.My plan is to use a Harbor Freight wheel chock which I think should take a lot strain off of the Tie downs, I would appreciate your views on this.
Thanks
John

I have a Condor wheel chock and have had no issues with the tie downs while hauling my BMW GS or Grizzly.

jsmith948
09-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Everything I have ever purchased from HF required some type of modification to make it work properly. Well except the bungee cords, they just required throwing into the trash can. Made the mistake of buying a 10 pack of the rubber ones with the S hooks. Each one lasted about 4 days before breaking. Of course, now I have a bunch of S hooks.

Partially agree with you. However, I did have good luck with the black rubber wheel chock I use for the 5er and the furniture dolly that I roll the hitch around on when it's out of the truck. Everything else has been less than top quality. I guess you DO get what you pay for.

Fireboater
09-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Has anyone had any issues with pulling the Tie downs loose on a 326SRX.
John

Desert185
09-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Not me. Haven't heard of this happening, but I haven't been around these TH's very long.

bdaniel
09-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Thanks
John

I use the Harbor Freight wheel chock (about $50) for my GL1800 Gold Wing and my brother uses one for his 1800 something Harley. I drilled 4 holes in the floor and installed nuts with the gripper barbs(don't know what they are called) flush with the floor. I bolted the wheel chock to the floor with thumb screws so I can easily remove the chock when I want to. This keeps the chock from sliding around. This does not provide much resistance to lifting the chock up vertically but with 1,000 lbs of bike sitting on it, I am not worried about that.

The wheel chock has a flip over piece of metal that cups the front tire when loaded. I can get off the bike and it remains vertical. I wrap one strap around the front tire and front vertical piece of metal on the chock to secure the front wheel to the chock.

Then one strap from each passenger foot rest to a tie down. Three total straps.

I have several thousand miles with this set up with no problem.

http://bobbystuff.com/RV/index.php?blog=191
http://bobbystuff.com/RV/index.php?blog=195

I put in some E-Track for tie downs but don't use it.

Bobby