PDA

View Full Version : Blinker fluid

JRTJH
06-05-2015, 07:05 AM
I understand that when converting to LED's this is no longer required. Is there a LED version of the Diesel Particulate Filter so we no longer need to add DEF to our late model trucks?

gkainz
06-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Muffler bearing mods required before the DEF replacement is legal, I've heard.

SAABDOCTOR
06-05-2015, 07:15 AM
more importantly did you change over to summer air in the tires Also John when chaning over to leds the lower current draw will drive the Catakizmic divertter to destruction! unless you reverse the flux capasitor but then the horn will suck instead of blow and the radio will listen instead of play! good luck with that:banghead:

hemisareslow
06-05-2015, 07:22 AM
Muffler bearing mods required before the DEF replacement is legal, I've heard.

lol http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=48

Desert185
06-05-2015, 09:00 AM
I understand that when converting to LED's this is no longer required. Is there a LED version of the Diesel Particulate Filter so we no longer need to add DEF to our late model trucks?

My Cummins exhaust is organic. No GMO DEF for me. :thumbsup:

W.E.BGood
06-05-2015, 09:26 AM
:jester: :hpyclp: :rofl: Thank you all so very much...for the stomach-ache.

Ron
06-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Since you all seem to have the right answers for everything, how do you solve antenna wobble while driving, I have tried everything from going faster to only driving while the wind is not blowing, it is driving me nuts, but what really bothers me is when I am stopped it seems to subside quite a bite until the engine is turned off, then it finally settles down, I really think the wobble is interfering with my radio signal also.....:confused:

hemisareslow
06-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Since you all seem to have the right answers for everything, how do you solve antenna wobble while driving, I have tried everything from going faster to only driving while the wind is not blowing, it is driving me nuts, but what really bothers me is when I am stopped it seems to subside quite a bite until the engine is turned off, then it finally settles down, I really think the wobble is interfering with my radio signal also.....:confused:

1/2 rebar bolted to hood and zip tie antenna to it usually works for me ;)

GMcKenzie
06-05-2015, 10:52 AM
lol http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=48

Beat me to it.

zuley
06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
A tennis ball attached to the antenna generally works to stop the wobble. One you get up tp speed it will hold your antenna tight to your windshield preventing the wobble. Keep extras on board becasue the only issue being if you have to stop quickly the tennis ball usually ends up bouncing off the back window of the vehicle ahead of you.

SAABDOCTOR
06-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Put the antena in the back in a blind spot so you can't see it:d

Seabee
06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Fill out this here ID-10-T form for a board stretcher, take it to supply and trade it for PU-55-Y documentation to turn in for a bucket of steam

hankaye
06-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Howdy All;

Just back from posting the mail buoy watch, then had to get some
of the newly EPA approved prop wash to clean the relative bearing
grease from my left-handed monkey wrench so I could pop the top
off of the sea-bats container.
What's the problem again ???

hankaye

gkainz
06-05-2015, 03:01 PM
You were supposed to get 50 fathoms of flight line.

hankaye
06-06-2015, 07:09 AM
gkainz, Howdy;

You were supposed to get 50 fathoms of flight line.

:banghead:, :banghead: Thanks ... hate it that happens :banghead: , :banghead:

hankaye

Pull Toy
06-07-2015, 03:22 PM
If I reverse the battery polarity... will my headlights cast a shadow?

Festus2
06-07-2015, 03:56 PM
If I reverse the battery polarity... will my headlights cast a shadow?

No, they won't but you'll never have to back into a campsite again. Just put your TV in "D" not "R".

scott24
06-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I've seen blinker fluid come in either left or right side.:)

chris199
06-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Check this out....if u want some laughs.

https://youtu.be/s_0THARUP9A

Ken / Claudia
06-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Funny stuff on here.. I seen someone say muffler bearings. New guys in auto shop, me included back in the early 70s would get told to change out the muffler bearings on a car.

bigbluthundr
06-20-2015, 03:08 PM
I was out a time ago - looking for some Nite Lights, because I knew I was going on late shift. I found some small green/blue ones - but they seemed to be flying around and would not figure how to wire them up to work on the front of my car - so I kept looking.
Finally along the rocky coast I thought I had found what I needed - but every second or so it seemed to go off and then back on? - very puzzling ?

I took out my solar watch to get a correct count - but I could not read it in the dark, so I crept closer to the flashing light and timed it by counting - one mississippi, two mississippi and so on - finally I was able to grab a piece of it as it went by - to my astonishment it flung me around a castle like structure.
I was finally able to climb up the beam - 'though I was rather dizzy when I reached the railing - I knew I had met my match when I saw the sign that said lighthouse - and I could not even budge it.

bbt :cool:

Desert185
06-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Apparently, weed is legal in BC now. :)

Beauty, eh?

Festus2
06-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Apparently, weed is legal in BC now. :)

Beauty, eh?

BC Bud is for you. Legal for medicinal purposes only - eh.

Desert185
06-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Be going through BC and YT Tuesday-Wednesday. Penticton-Burns Lake-Smithers-Whitehorse northbound. Will pass on the BC Bud, though. Folks are nice without the weed.

Festus2
06-20-2015, 09:20 PM
If your passing through the Fraser Valley, stop in and say "hello". PM me if it's possible.

Ken / Claudia
06-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Anyone know how much anti freeze I need for a 67 VW beetle. Thought during the tune up I should change it out.

sourdough
06-21-2015, 09:35 AM
I believe on the 65-68 VW Beetles it calls for 1 quart of anti freeze poured through the air vents above the rear hood. That way it can keep the incoming air from "freezing" up the VW engine......

bigbluthundr
06-21-2015, 12:07 PM
NAW - you put it in the 710 cap.

bbt

GMcKenzie
06-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Be going through BC and YT Tuesday-Wednesday. Penticton-Burns Lake-Smithers-Whitehorse northbound. Will pass on the BC Bud, though. Folks are nice without the weed.

I'd warn you about the heat we have right now, but see you are from Arizona, so no need for that. Gonna be close to 40C (104F) by the weekend.

gearhead
06-24-2015, 07:16 PM

Antenna has been eroded by air/sand mixture that has reached it austenitic capacity. The antenna has now reached its' natural resonant frequency and has to be discarded, forcing you to finally listen to satellite radio. This is reportedly a conspiracy by XM/Sirius to increase listeners and top line revenue.

Ron
06-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Antenna has been eroded by air/sand mixture that has reached it austenitic capacity. The antenna has now reached its' natural resonant frequency and has to be discarded, forcing you to finally listen to satellite radio. This is reportedly a conspiracy by XM/Sirius to increase listeners and top line revenue.

REALLY, I did not know that, thanks for the info, Sirius here we come, at least there antennas are flat with little or no wind resistance so I should get better fuel mileage also, right? a problem solved and money saved its a win win for me..."bouncey:

Back to the Blinker fluid, was wondering where the dip stick was on my rig so I could check my fluid level, also for my rig is there a heavy duty fluid available :D

Movin' on
06-25-2015, 02:48 AM
REALLY, I did not know that, thanks for the info, Sirius here we come, at least there antennas are flat with little or no wind resistance so I should get better fuel mileage also, right? a problem solved and money saved its a win win for me..."bouncey:

Back to the Blinker fluid, was wondering where the dip stick was on my rig so I could check my fluid level, also for my rig is there a heavy duty fluid available :D

Now I can't speak for your rig, but I have checked high and low and cannot find the dipstick on my Silverado for the Blinker Fluid. In fact, the owners manual doesn't even mention it, which makes it clear to me that it is a closed system that can only be serviced by a Certified Goodwrench Technician. :D

Desert185
06-25-2015, 06:25 AM
I'd warn you about the heat we have right now, but see you are from Arizona, so no need for that. Gonna be close to 40C (104F) by the weekend.

Well, I was at 8,500' doing 150 MPH where it was about 45F. The problem was the smoke overflying Teslin (occasional zero visibility) and Northway for customs (2 miles vis). Rain this weekend with temps in the 60's in my part of AK. Hubba-hubba!

With the exchange rate and the surprisingly low fuel price in Penticton, aviation fuel was less than America, even with the 1%, credit card foreign transaction fee. That was a first for me.

In keeping with the thread, prop wash and shoreline is in abundance. No blinker fluid for me. Its an air-cooled, dry-blink system. :cool:

gearhead
06-25-2015, 09:00 AM

For that Freightliner with the CAT you must use SYNTHETIC blinker fluid. If not, on cold mornings the fluid will shear and lose all it's viscocity. This will cause the blinker itself to quickly fail. You are likely out of your warranty period, but for those still covered, realize that if the blinker fails, Ford will sample and analyze it. It is the #1 reason they deny blinker warranty claims.
Yes the satellite radio antenna will result in 12% fuel mileage improvement. That is why the oil companies jam the satellites.

Ron
06-25-2015, 01:04 PM
For that Freightliner with the CAT you must use SYNTHETIC blinker fluid. If not, on cold mornings the fluid will shear and lose all it's viscocity. This will cause the blinker itself to quickly fail. You are likely out of your warranty period, but for those still covered, realize that if the blinker fails, Ford will sample and analyze it. It is the #1 reason they deny blinker warranty claims.
Yes the satellite radio antenna will result in 12% fuel mileage improvement. That is why the oil companies jam the satellites.

WOW now im really mind boggled...:dizzy:...think I will sell the Freightliner and buy something normal to drive :banghead:

BOWWOW
06-25-2015, 01:17 PM
I think if you remove the kickstand on the Freightliner you will be able to access the blinker fluid filter and drain plug much easier. Maybe connect the antenna to the kickstand, they don't wobble much.

Ron
06-25-2015, 07:43 PM
I think if you remove the kickstand on the Freightliner you will be able to access the blinker fluid filter and drain plug much easier. Maybe connect the antenna to the kickstand, they don't wobble much.

OK I found the kickstand and tried to connect the antenna to it but either one is way to short to be able to touch one another so I extended the antenna with a piece of rebar as suggested earlier and walla , now the antenna will not wobble anymore, the only thing is it looks kinda funky to me so I got out the invisible spray paint and now it looks much better, the only thing is the overspray go onto one of the tires and its half gone, now I guess its off tomorrow to purchase a new one. I really appreciate all of the help here but it seems to be costing me lots of dough..:( still confused, but nothing new here...:confused:,, now go pick on someone else...:rofl:

eds451
07-01-2015, 08:41 PM
A friend and I were talking and he told me he mentioned to his wife that the car was low on oil....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM6x1iK-XY8

scott24
07-02-2015, 02:37 AM
At least she put on oil on the engine!! lol:rofl:

pakuma
07-06-2015, 05:05 PM
NOw that we have fuel injection there is no need to check the carbureotr belt.

gearhead
07-08-2015, 06:20 PM
OK I found the kickstand and tried to connect the antenna to it but either one is way to short to be able to touch one another so I extended the antenna with a piece of rebar as suggested earlier and walla , now the antenna will not wobble anymore, the only thing is it looks kinda funky to me so I got out the invisible spray paint and now it looks much better, the only thing is the overspray go onto one of the tires and its half gone, now I guess its off tomorrow to purchase a new one. I really appreciate all of the help here but it seems to be costing me lots of dough..:( still confused, but nothing new here...:confused:,, now go pick on someone else...:rofl:
CWtheman will be disappointed in your treatment of the tires. You better post this in the tire forum. I don't think he roams down here.
Oh, and that rebar. We will need to know if it is domestic or foreign steel. We will need a Positive Material Identification to ensure it does not exceed FMIA regulations. (Foreign Material in Antennas). A trace history from the steel mill is required as well. Iron ore source is not needed at this time, but retain the records for any future audit. Per federal regulations you understand.

Hideout17
09-13-2015, 05:16 PM
This thread is awesome. Maybe you all can help me with the issue I am having with my truck. Under lite acceleration everything is normal but when I really get after it the engine makes this roaring sound and if I'm at a stop and do it my traction control lite comes on. I can't figure this out at all. When its doing this i feel myself being pushed into the seat and my fuel economy goes down. Any ideas.....

Javi
09-13-2015, 05:28 PM
This thread is awesome. Maybe you all can help me with the issue I am having with my truck. Under lite acceleration everything is normal but when I really get after it the engine makes this roaring sound and if I'm at a stop and do it my traction control lite comes on. I can't figure this out at all. When its doing this i feel myself being pushed into the seat and my fuel economy goes down. Any ideas.....

Sounds like a loose whistle nut bearing... better get that fixed..:D

Ron
09-13-2015, 06:22 PM
When I see a advertisement about a live band, I always have to chuckle a little, I thought they were always alive, is there such a thing as a dead band? I guess there might be if they were no good or a no show... LOL:rofl:

Javi
09-13-2015, 06:48 PM
When I see a advertisement about a live band, I always have to chuckle a little, I thought they were always alive, is there such a thing as a dead band? I guess there might be if they were no good or a no show... LOL:rofl:
Well, there was the Grateful Dead

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ron
09-13-2015, 08:33 PM
OK Javi, you got me on that one...:)

Hideout17
09-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Sounds like a loose whistle nut bearing... better get that fixed..:D

Ok...is that adjusted with a standard or metric crescent wrench?5

JRTJH
09-15-2015, 04:56 AM
Ok...is that adjusted with a standard or metric crescent wrench?5

If you're having problems trying to find a metric Crescent wrench, Amazon has them. They are actually $4 cheaper than SAE wrenches in the 6"/150mm size ;)

hankaye
09-15-2015, 06:55 AM
Howdy All;

Strange ... thought the metrics would only be $0.62 to the dollar ...

hankaye

Hideout17
09-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Is that for the right hand or left hand wrench? It says in manual don't use a right hand wrench on a left-handed nut. Could get cross threaded....6

Laredo291OH
09-16-2015, 03:10 AM
Right and left hand don't have anything to do with the wrench, it's which hand you hold the wrench in.

SAABDOCTOR
09-16-2015, 05:43 AM
Are you looking at that nut from the front or the back?:banghead:

SLIMSHADIE
09-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Just ordered the titanium spark plugs and hydraulic air filter for my diesel. Told i get an extra 100 hp. Cant wait:D

hankpage
09-17-2015, 02:56 PM
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_185022_0_982a9a7189ac89e4fbe0d4693db6a8ef.jpg

Hideout17
09-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Has anyone put the double stainless piston pullback springs along with the chrome plaged air difuser switching valve? How do you set pull back timing at part throttle?

gearhead
09-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Are you looking at that nut from the front or the back?:banghead:
I'm thinking he was standing on his head looking upside down.

SAABDOCTOR
09-18-2015, 05:00 AM
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_185056_0_982a9a7189ac89e4fbe0d4693db6a8ef.jpgI hate when that happens! the bulb overheats and then the smoke pours out:banghead:

Pull Toy
09-18-2015, 02:38 PM
And don't even get me stared on the "Aftermarket" Hydrostatic Phlegm Reducer" ... its enough to make you G-A-G-!!!!

cardinal96ss
09-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Wow, what great ideas. This is a super forum. For my part I increased my MPG significantly when I swapped out my Montana's electric brake fluid filter for an after market one. Can't remember the name brand of the one I put in though, sorry"bouncey:.

Hideout17
09-21-2015, 05:38 PM
I put a Lucas electric spark plug amplifier and a tornado air tumbler on my Toyota. I can't describe the difference....

SAABDOCTOR
09-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Curse you Prince of Darkens!!!!:cool:

Pull Toy
09-22-2015, 01:32 PM
If a "Monkey Wrench" needs "Monkey Grease"... does a LED Lighted "Crescent Wrench" use a................ (GET READY).................."MOON BEAM"?