PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 375TS Question

Face Down
06-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Does anybody here have a 375TS....better looking brother to my Carbon 357?? If so please let me know as I have a question about the smaller 10' awning (over side garage door) arm hardware locations. (tx)

hdrolling
06-05-2015, 07:09 PM
My 332 has the 10' awning back by the garage, should be close as most of the new Raptors all have pretty much the same 12' garage. At least when I was looking all the model unless there was a half bath looked the same in the garage area.

Face Down
06-08-2015, 11:41 AM
My 332 has the 10' awning back by the garage, should be close as most of the new Raptors all have pretty much the same 12' garage. At least when I was looking all the model unless there was a half bath looked the same in the garage area.

The Raptor 375's and Carbon 357's have 11' garages...I am just wanting to make sure when I add this awning I hit the alum wall studs. I did contact Keystone and asked them, I got a nice canned email back stating that any modifications to the unit could void my warranty and no dimension info. I have the Raptor/Carbon SE Sales Rep's number, I am going to give him a call.

cb1000rider
06-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm curious about this too. I'd like to be able to mount wooden runners in the garage (for non-load items) - I assume you drill through to high the aluminum frame with appropriate depth self-tapping sheet metal screws?

I'd love to hear experienced voices...

hdrolling
06-08-2015, 01:22 PM
You might be able to use a stud finder on the inside and use that measurement for where to mark and mount on the outside?

cb1000rider
06-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes, I'm told that they're inductive and will work.. I just want references of people who have done it successfully!

Rdowns
06-09-2015, 07:13 AM
This is something that I went and bought for around the house... but I ended up using it on the trailer to and worked very well!!! check this link out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqBA82Dqd-M

I got mine for 300$ on ebay. Its a freaking amazing tool!

Face Down
06-11-2015, 03:51 AM
This is something that I went and bought for around the house... but I ended up using it on the trailer to and worked very well!!! check this link out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqBA82Dqd-M

I got mine for 300$ on ebay. Its a freaking amazing tool!

That is very cool....but a lot of $$. I had already tried my cheap Ricor stud finder when I was mounting the garage TV and no dice. I wonder if my local Home Depot rents those scanners.

jsmith948
06-11-2015, 04:34 AM
On a cool, damp/dewey morning, you will see the outline of the aluminum studs/frame on the filon. Measure where the studs are (or make small erasable marks for later reference) and then transfer the measurements to the inside.
I would suggest using a very small bit to make sure the stud is there.