PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak lamping!

aksilvy1
06-02-2015, 10:10 PM
First trip of the year up here in Kodiak. This place is rough on campers with all the rain and ****ty roads. Can't beat the view though.

Original picture I tried to post

notanlines
06-03-2015, 02:51 AM
Maybe you could tell us how one goes about getting a 15k beast over to Kodiak in the first place. We spent 2 months in northern Canada and Alaska last summer with our TT, but did not have the "pocket change" required to take the ferry to Kodiak. I guess it goes without saying that this is some of the most beautiful scenery in the entire world. One other thing I'm sure many of us are curious about.....just how many roads are there actually on Kodiak Island, assuming that is where you live? Thanks for the info.....

aksilvy1
06-03-2015, 10:59 AM
I bought the trailer from a dealer anchorage, they towed it down to homer and put it on the ferry to Kodiak. I towed it off the ferry in Kodiak and luckily it fit on the elevator to where I didn't have to disconnect and have someone pull it off at the top.

Not a whole lot of places to camp in Kodiak with such a big trailer but we make due. Hopefully transferring to North Carolina next summer so that will make for a nice 5000 mile road trip.

aksilvy1
06-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Yes very beautiful place for sure. Ungodly amounts of rain though. I think there is about 100 miles of actual roadway in Kodiak but tons of atv trails to get you where you need to be for hunting and fishing.

ri_truck_guy
06-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Not a whole lot of places to camp in Kodiak with such a big trailer but we make due. Hopefully transferring to North Carolina next summer so that will make for a nice 5000 mile road trip.

Why do I get the sense we work for the same people?

hankaye
06-03-2015, 06:52 PM
aksilvy1, Howdy;

From the sounds of it you may be a Charlie Golf ?
Rotating from Kodiak to E-City?

hankaye
06/68 - 06/72
C.M., NJ Co. Delta-72
3 yrs. @ CGAS Naples, It.

aksilvy1
06-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Yeah that's the plan but trying to stay up here a few more years though.