PDA

View Full Version : Outback 277RL/EMS Specific Question

Bob Landry
03-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Has anyone installed an EMS in a new 277RL or in one with a like floorplan, I.E., LR and bedroom slide on the left side? I'm doing some preliminary project planning and wondering where I'm going to put it. If I remember correctly from looking at the trailer at the show, the shore power cord connects between the living room/dinette slide and the bedroom slide. That only leaves the area containing the refrigerator and then the bathroom next to it on that side. I'm guessing that the space below the refrigerator is going to contain the converter, as that's a pretty popular place for it in most of the trailers I've looked at. If that's not correct, then plz correct me. SO, where did you install the EMS?

Edit:
I was wrong. I went back and looked at the floor plan and all that separates the two slides is the bathroom.

ktmracer
03-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Has anyone installed an EMS in a new 277RL or in one with a like floorplan, I.E., LR and bedroom slide on the left side? I'm doing some preliminary project planning and wondering where I'm going to put it. If I remember correctly from looking at the trailer at the show, the shore power cord connects between the living room/dinette slide and the bedroom slide. That only leaves the area containing the refrigerator and then the bathroom next to it on that side. I'm guessing that the space below the refrigerator is going to contain the converter, as that's a pretty popular place for it in most of the trailers I've looked at. If that's not correct, then plz correct me. SO, where did you install the EMS?

the 277RL is very similar to the 295/298RE layouts. We have a 295RE. What I can tell you is that the converter is likely under the diagonal linen closet, not the refrigerator. Just was at a show that had a 277RL and that's what I remember seeing.

Bob Landry
03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Now that I think about it, you're probably right. In my Jayco, the furnace is under the fridge, not the converter. My converter is under the stove/oven. I'm just trying to figure out where I'm going to put the darn thing in the new trailer.