PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Rid-X for RV's

JoeofNSB
06-01-2015, 07:34 AM
Rid-X has a product made specifically for RV's and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and has any input. I really don't like the smell of the "blue stuff" and my better half has a very sensitive nose. :confused:

glenalt
06-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Hey, we just use pine sol. You only need a little bit and it smells great.

hankpage
06-01-2015, 08:24 AM
You have to remember that the waste tank is just a HOLDING tank and that the waste is not in there long enough for any enzyme or bacteria action to occur. If you feel you need something, look for a fragrance that will be pleasant to the DW's sensitive nose and dump the tank when she is not there. JM2¢, Hank

Javi
06-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Nope... I do pour about a 1/2 cup of Dawn liquid dish soap into the tank and add 5 gallons or so of water after I dump... helps to clean the tank on the ride home and back to the next campsite..

chuckster57
06-01-2015, 11:31 AM
TST citrus here. It smells good when the tank is first "charged" and doesn't stink a week later.

therink
06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Nope... I do pour about a 1/2 cup of Dawn liquid dish soap into the tank and add 5 gallons or so of water after I dump... helps to clean the tank on the ride home and back to the next campsite..

Same here. I also add about 2 cups arm and Hammer Washing Soda powder(yellow box, cheap found at Walmart in laundry isle). I go 2 to 3 weeks between dumps at seasonal site and never odors. Environmentally friendly as well.
I don't believe in expensive chemicals and perfumes that just mask odors. The mixture I use has a high pH, thus neutralizing the low pH of the waste. This keep odors down.

hankaye
06-01-2015, 06:12 PM
JoeofNSB, Howdy;

Like the "OtherHank" said " ... the waste is not in there long enough for any enzyme or bacteria action to occur." If it does, you're not doing
something as often as you might ought to want to.
Mine gets 3 caps of Downey and 3 full bowels of water after it's dump.

hankaye

PS. If they can get you to think you need it they now have your $'s
and that's all most of those folks want anyway.

Rex1vt
06-02-2015, 04:35 AM
I really don't like the smell of the "blue stuff" and my better half has a very sensitive nose. :confused:[/QUOTE]

If you search the word odor you will get previous discussions on the topic, many home remedies and methods of using water in the process.Google Tanktechsrx and/or Happy Camper for two products which claim technical response to treatment needs at a competative cost to the"blue stuff" type product.I am using the tanktech product,and have corresponded with a fulltimer
using and recommending the Happy Camper product.Both products focus on eliminating odor not masking it.

TheRealMacGyver
06-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Funny, I just came to look for this topic after my son just flushed and I think he held the valve open too long!😃. We're just in the backyard, but thought maybe I should look into adding something! I think I'll start with pine sol cheap and easy!