PDA

View Full Version : FUZION LED Awning Strips

wbatto
05-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Hello all,
I have a 2013 381 Fuzion with the awning lights in the awning rollers. The LED Strips are starting to go bad. I was thinking about replacing the white light strips with RGB strips. Upon checking this idea out, I have found that the wire is sewin in to the awning and it is only a two wire cable. From what I see it would have to be a four wire cable. I can't see how this can be done with out a lot of work. Does anyone have any ideas or have you done this and how?

roadglide
05-31-2015, 06:13 PM
I was going to post a new thread but I seen your awning problem , I have 2015 Impact toy hauler on the monitor panel there is a 4 th switch I don't know what its for. I haven't used the awning yet would that 4 th switch be for led awning light ?

cb1000rider
05-31-2015, 06:15 PM
Are you wanting the color control - is that the primary goal? Or would you just like to get back to working strips?

skidooxman
06-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Hello all,
I have a 2013 381 Fuzion with the awning lights in the awning rollers. The LED Strips are starting to go bad. I was thinking about replacing the white light strips with RGB strips. Upon checking this idea out, I have found that the wire is sewin in to the awning and it is only a two wire cable. From what I see it would have to be a four wire cable. I can't see how this can be done with out a lot of work. Does anyone have any ideas or have you done this and how?

Yes you can do it, Im going to try and explain but let me know if its confusing lol. The red and black at the awning is + and - . you can wire the RGB controller, (small white module that can stick to the awning support with 3m sticky tape) at the point, plug the RGB wire into the LED strip and run the new strip along the awning. So you flip your switch on, in the rig, that powers the module, then with the included remote, turn on the RGB strip. Make sense? Let me know if not and I can try to simplify it. Bottom line is yes it can be done, and I have done a bunch so far.

Rhinoone82
06-01-2015, 02:06 PM
I was going to post a new thread but I seen your awning problem , I have 2015 Impact toy hauler on the monitor panel there is a 4 th switch I don't know what its for. I haven't used the awning yet would that 4 th switch be for led awning light ?

Yes 1 of the switches is for the Lights in the awning. I have a 2015 Impact 311 and thats what ours has. I can't remember the exact order of the switches but you should have 1 for the awning lights, 1 for the living/kitchen lights, 1 for the drivers side scare light and 1 for the front door light.

We have been out 2 long weekends so far and I still can't remember which switches do what.

We did have to have the awning lights replaced under warranty before our first outing. Seems that the new ones do not have as many LED's on them as opposed to the originals but they seem brighter

PARAPTOR
06-01-2015, 02:11 PM
I have only seen one application of the wire sewed into the edge of the awning to feed led lights in the roll. It seemed to be a small gauge wire (actual wire gauge ??) If the gauge wire which originally supplied power to the led lights alone will handle the power demand of the additional controller and the new color led lights, you should be okay.

wbatto
06-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Yes you can do it, Im going to try and explain but let me know if its confusing lol. The red and black at the awning is + and - . you can wire the RGB controller, (small white module that can stick to the awning support with 3m sticky tape) at the point, plug the RGB wire into the LED strip and run the new strip along the awning. So you flip your switch on, in the rig, that powers the module, then with the included remote, turn on the RGB strip. Make sense? Let me know if not and I can try to simplify it. Bottom line is yes it can be done, and I have done a bunch so far.

I understand what you are talking about and it makes sense. This is why I belong to this Forum
Thanks for the info I will check it out
Wbatto(tx)

BeaverRZR
06-02-2015, 05:14 AM
Good info. Mine look terrible after a couple years of wet, dry, wet, dry......

skidooxman
06-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Good info. Mine look terrible after a couple years of wet, dry, wet, dry......

I actually do LED wiring on the side, if anyone needs idea for the LED strips let me know, I can point you in the direction of where I get mine. The strips, 16' are as cheap as $20. Don't buy them from CW, too expensive.

dogger
06-09-2015, 10:11 AM
skidooxman, I am very interested in what and where you get those awning light strips.

skidooxman
06-09-2015, 12:31 PM
skidooxman, I am very interested in what and where you get those awning light strips.

I get them from a shop in NJ, ordered on line at a great price. You want SMD5050, for brightest, and "blacktape" or "white tape" depending on the color of your unit. Also check to make sure it is waterproof and 3M adhesive. I use my own 3M auto tape, red backing, for piece of mind

cb1000rider
06-09-2015, 01:26 PM
They're mostly imported from China. You can also get them from Amazon and get the same 3M backing... The reviews are also helpful so you're not buying junk.

PNW78
01-30-2024, 11:34 PM
I actually do LED wiring on the side, if anyone needs idea for the LED strips let me know, I can point you in the direction of where I get mine. The strips, 16' are as cheap as $20. Don't buy them from CW, too expensive.
Do you have a link to these or a hint of where to get them?

flybouy
02-02-2024, 04:20 PM

This thread is 9 yes old. The member you asked has not logged in for over 2 years so you're likely not getting a reply.

LHaven
02-02-2024, 04:37 PM

I can't meet that guy's price, but I've used hitlights.com for LED parts for my trailer (indoors, but still). They do have an outdoor 16' strip for $45 [LINK], (https://hitlights.com/collections/outdoor-led-strips/products/premium-luma5-led-light-strip-single-color-ul-listed-16-4-feet-high-density-waterproof) all the connectors needed for the job, and free consultation for DIYers.