PDA

View Full Version : Cove Mountain RV. Townsend, TN..

gearhead
05-28-2015, 05:29 PM
This place is listed as being in Sevierville, it ain't. Its in Townsend. We are here for a week. So far I like it. Streets are asphalt, sites crushed stone. Very wooded. Sites are plenty wide and deep. Good room between sites, not a parking lot. Relatively quiet except for a county road nearby. We looked at all the other parks in Townsend and like this one the most. But if you need to be near the river for tubing or swimming look elsewhere.
Highly recommend Elvira's Cafe nearby.

C130
05-29-2015, 04:08 AM
Hope you're having better weather than we are here in Texas, looks like you picked a good time to leave. We are leaving next Saturday for Hot Springs, AR for 4 nights then Tennessee for a couple of weeks. Staying at Fall Creek Falls and going to Chattanooga to see Ruby Falls, also planing a white water rafting trip. Both of those plans will require some driving from the camp ground and will just be day trips. I haven't booked the rafting trip yet but looking at a couple of different companies. We are also doing a day of kayaking but that's only about an hour and a half east of Nashville.

Beautiful area you are in, be safe in your travels.

gearhead
05-29-2015, 10:36 AM
Hope you're having better weather than we are here in Texas, looks like you picked a good time to leave. We are leaving next Saturday for Hot Springs, AR for 4 nights then Tennessee for a couple of weeks. Staying at Fall Creek Falls and going to Chattanooga to see Ruby Falls, also planing a white water rafting trip. Both of those plans will require some driving from the camp ground and will just be day trips. I haven't booked the rafting trip yet but looking at a couple of different companies. We are also doing a day of kayaking but that's only about an hour and a half east of Nashville.

Beautiful area you are in, be safe in your travels.

That Texas weather my follow you to Arkansas, according to the weather channel. My brother lives near Bentonville and says it has rained for a week.
Might be fun on the rivers.

dhn
05-29-2015, 11:46 AM
C130, have you called the park you are staying at in Hot Springs? Some of the camp sites on Lake Ouachita and Catherine are flooded. We are currently under a flash flood watch, with rain expected most of the weekend.

C130
05-30-2015, 06:54 AM
C130, have you called the park you are staying at in Hot Springs? Some of the camp sites on Lake Ouachita and Catherine are flooded. We are currently under a flash flood watch, with rain expected most of the weekend.

Thanks, I will call them this week to confirm. We are leaving next Saturday, June 6th, and staying 4 nights at Catherine's Landing then on to Tennessee. First time in Hot Springs, looking forward to it.

gearhead, or anyone else, you ever stayed at this place? http://www.anchordownrvresort.com/ Looks really nice, quite the RV park and looks to be fairly close to where you are. Only thing I don't like is the lack of trees.

gearhead
05-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Thanks, I will call them this week to confirm. We are leaving next Saturday, June 6th, and staying 4 nights at Catherine's Landing then on to Tennessee. First time in Hot Springs, looking forward to it.

gearhead, or anyone else, you ever stayed at this place? http://www.anchordownrvresort.com/ Looks really nice, quite the RV park and looks to be fairly close to where you are. Only thing I don't like is the lack of trees.

That looks very nice. Not too far from us at all.
To me it all depends on what you want to do. If you will be renting a boat and playing on the lake, staying in local attractions all day, touring the area a lot, it will be great. Kids will enjoy the pool too. I'm getting to the age that I might do a little fishing or driving around, but mostly I enjoy just kicking back under the awning and relaxing. Maybe take a walk around. So the more elbow room and trees I have, the better.