PDA

View Full Version : Srx black rinse check valve

jje1960
05-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Our black tank rinse check valve has stuck, water pours out of the hole in the compartment right above the dump valves. Anyone know how to get at the check valve for replacement?

Festus2
05-26-2015, 12:53 PM
On some models, the black tank check valve is located under the bathroom sink. On other models, it is often found behind a removable partition or panel. Usually the valve is in a direct line with your exterior black tank hose connection but this is not always the case. On our Cougar, the check valve is located behind the stereo/radio cabinet and I have to remove a panel to get at it.

Hopefully, someone with the same model will see your post and tell you exactly where it is.

Desert185
05-26-2015, 01:19 PM
On our SRX its located under the bathroom sink. It may just be a loose connection.

CFDfireman90
05-26-2015, 02:15 PM
After reading several posts on this issue I just removed the vacuum breaker/check valve, and purchased one that goes on the end of the garden hose I use to hook up the balck tank flush. Figured the failure of this part seems inevitable, remove it before it becomes an issue.

jje1960
05-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Hmmm, going to check under the bathroom sink.... Stay tuned.

therink
05-26-2015, 04:41 PM
It may also be installed backwards or loose pex connections at the fitting. I have seen both.

hankaye
05-26-2015, 06:55 PM
jje1960, Howdy;

Our black tank rinse check valve has stuck, water pours out of the hole in the compartment right above the dump valves. Anyone know how to get at the check valve for replacement?

Got a pic. of that of which you refer??? Seems like Keystone has as many
ways to install that POC valve as they do models of RVs. Also, how far
above ground level is the attachment fitting?The more info you can provide
us with ... the better we can help you.

hankaye

dave-g
05-28-2015, 01:25 AM
my ck valve (vacuum breaker) in under the bath sink. I had to replace mine a few few years back. as it leaked in the spring when un winterizing. I had blown it out as well as pumped antifreeze through it.

I would not eliminate it as, its job is to stop black water from siphoning out of the tank, as the water in the tank is at a mid way point. If the Rv manufacture could save $$ they would.

jje1960
05-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Quickly looked under the sink yesterday evening... Didn't see any valves. I suspect it's under the main flooring, however above the storage area ceiling... Have no idea how to get in that space, have to really check it all out this weekend. Just hope I don't need to strip the storage compartment material covering and cut any holes... What a pain.

JRTJH
05-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Before you go "exploring" in "Geo's underbelly area", doublecheck under your bathroom sink. The anti-siphon valve is very hard to see under there. Look for the plumbing lines. You should have four 1/2" PEX lines. One blue, one red (hot/cold water) and 2 white (anti-siphon valve). I've seen a number of owners "swear" that it's not under the sink, and then when I show them, it's "right there" all the way up, behind the sink, rubbing the bottom of the countertop...

You could very well be right, and it's not under your sink, but one more quick check wouldn't hurt just to be sure....

Good Luck and here's hoping it's easy to find !!!

therink
05-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Also, look where the flush piping appears to go upward into the flooring. The valve could also be located inside a wall cavity above that point. The valves are generally located at a point above the toilet bowl valve opening. Is the piping going up near where the shower valves are? It could be located in the wall cavity behind the shower valve assembly. If so, remove the valve plate (4 screws) and shine a light in there. You may see it.

Face Down
05-29-2015, 04:16 AM
After reading this I think I might have a problem with my 1/2 bath clean out system. The main black tank seemed to flush just fine but I had a lot of back pressure at the point of hook up and was leaking water through my quick disconnect on the rear black tank and was not getting much water through the slinky. Fortunately water was not going in the unit either...just out the quick disconnect. Going to look at it this weekend...I did a quick Google search, is this the valve that I should be looking for?

http://cdn.forestriverforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36636&d=1375324678

Is it a case where they are just stuck and can be repaired or does a new valve need to be installed?

Javi
05-29-2015, 04:34 AM
Don't know nothing about this company but here is a brass replacement..
http://www.pdxrv.com/catalog/i2836.html

Me.... I just hard wired it with PEX fittings and use a hose bib vacuum break..

Desert185
05-29-2015, 08:11 AM
After reading this I think I might have a problem with my 1/2 bath clean out system. The main black tank seemed to flush just fine but I had a lot of back pressure at the point of hook up and was leaking water through my quick disconnect on the rear black tank and was not getting much water through the slinky. Fortunately water was not going in the unit either...just out the quick disconnect. Going to look at it this weekend...I did a quick Google search, is this the valve that I should be looking for?

http://cdn.forestriverforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36636&d=1375324678

Is it a case where they are just stuck and can be repaired or does a new valve need to be installed?

That's it. It just has a plastic flapper valve in it. Nothing to repair. If it breaks, buy another or eliminate it like Javi.

I always use a water pressure regulator on the green hose I use for flushing the tank in case the water pressure at the time is over the design limit for the plumbing. This cheap, flimsy valve and whatever plastic they have at the sprayer end in the tank is more than likely the weak point of the Pex plumbing system, so why create further maintenance challenges?

jje1960
06-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Before you go "exploring" in "Geo's underbelly area", doublecheck under your bathroom sink. The anti-siphon valve is very hard to see under there. Look for the plumbing lines. You should have four 1/2" PEX lines. One blue, one red (hot/cold water) and 2 white (anti-siphon valve). I've seen a number of owners "swear" that it's not under the sink, and then when I show them, it's "right there" all the way up, behind the sink, rubbing the bottom of the countertop...

You could very well be right, and it's not under your sink, but one more quick check wouldn't hurt just to be sure....

Good Luck and here's hoping it's easy to find !!!Unbelievable... Weeks later now... finally thought I would just take one more look under the sink.... Quickly realized that there was four water lines running up there under the sink, behind the sink... Yea, it's hidden up there.... The water must have just run down the lines and out the hole coming through the floor. Thanks for the help, I should have looked closer with the flashlight in the first place.....