PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for storing Fuzion folding tables

Zapper
05-23-2015, 05:42 AM
I remember reading a post, sometime ago, about different ways people stored the 2 folding tables during travel. They were in between the Happy Jack bed and booths when I brought it home but both had slid out about a third of the way. I can visualize them flying through the sliding glass door. The owners manual also states to not travel with the tables stored there. I remember someone posting photos where they had made a mount to attach them to a wall during travel, no luck finding them in the search mode.

Thanks,

EricLynnAllison
05-23-2015, 06:14 AM
I strap mine collapsed to the booth in the up position ensuring they cannot move forward.

Vastdavidson
05-23-2015, 11:03 AM
We store ours under the mattress on the top bed of the happy jack. Then the ladder on top of the mattress. So far no issues.

MBD
05-23-2015, 04:05 PM
We store ours under the mattress on the top bed of the happy jack. Then the ladder on top of the mattress. So far no issues.

This is the method I use when I travel with the tables. But that hasn't happened since I got the trailer home.

Usually I store them in a shed behind my stick house. I don't particularly like the folding tables as while they are heavy, they are pretty flimsy. I have 6' white plastic top folding table from Sams. It is lighter, more sturdy, greater surface area and stores easily on the garage floor for transport (even with motorcycles in the garage). Most often it is laying legs up (folded)on the floor with a bunch of other junk stacked or piled on top.

If I really had to take the Fusion tables with me, I would probably put them in the loft with the one ladder we may take. If I am thinking about the same post you are, the guy used a bungee cord or ratchet strap to hold the tables on edge utilizing the Happi Jac frames as anchors, or in combination with a floor tie down. Didn't appeal to me as I believe he "mounted" an eyehook of some type or two.

Zapper
05-23-2015, 05:31 PM

This is the method I use when I travel with the tables. But that hasn't happened since I got the trailer home.

Usually I store them in a shed behind my stick house. I don't particularly like the folding tables as while they are heavy, they are pretty flimsy. I have 6' white plastic top folding table from Sams. It is lighter, more sturdy, greater surface area and stores easily on the garage floor for transport (even with motorcycles in the garage). Most often it is laying legs up (folded)on the floor with a bunch of other junk stacked or piled on top.

If I really had to take the Fusion tables with me, I would probably put them in the loft with the one ladder we may take. If I am thinking about the same post you are, the guy used a bungee cord or ratchet strap to hold the tables on edge utilizing the Happi Jac frames as anchors, or in combination with a floor tie down. Didn't appeal to me as I believe he "mounted" an eyehook of some type or two.

We have several of the Lifetime tables of different sizes, but in my opinion the tables that came with the unit are pretty heavy duty. I guess I'll try strapping them to the upper bunk, as suggested. Thanks

Canam
05-23-2015, 08:54 PM
I store mine between the the happy jack pillars on the wall with the table top against the wall. I found a foam pool noodle, cut about 12" lengths then cut them lengthwise. When you wrap them along the 4 sides of the table, the table fits perfectly between the metal pilars. 2 stretch cords hold the table in place.

gtsum2
05-25-2015, 07:13 PM
I store mine between the the happy jack pillars on the wall with the table top against the wall. I found a foam pool noodle, cut about 12" lengths then cut them lengthwise. When you wrap them along the 4 sides of the table, the table fits perfectly between the metal pilars. 2 stretch cords hold the table in place.

Nice idea. I've just had one of mine under the bottom sofas in the carpet. Might have to try it like you. Thanks!

hoffbrew
05-26-2015, 11:21 AM
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16765

gtsum2
05-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the link. I might have to do this, as well as the ladder idea with d rings. I just have the ladders underneath the bottom sofas now

hoffbrew
05-26-2015, 11:27 AM
The tables work great for me in between bunk channels, I haven't had luck with the ladder yet, so it is on floor while traveling.

Zapper
05-28-2015, 12:48 PM
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16765

Thanks, that's what I was searching for!

VAJeff
05-28-2015, 03:46 PM
We usually have one under the top bed in the garage along with the ladder. The other table just lays on the king bed up front, and the 2nd ladder for the daughters loft fits nicely under the right hand side of the bed... Would rather have the garage for the kayak, bikes, etc all bungeed to the golf cart...