PDA

View Full Version : Chula Vista RV Resort

JimDogs
05-22-2015, 07:29 AM
Has anyone here on the board stayed at the Chula Vista RV Resort in San Diego? We're taking the NTU Cougar down south this summer and I was wondering if there are any sections better/worse than others. Any information would be appreciated.

BirchyBoy
05-22-2015, 07:37 AM
We've got 4 nights planned from June 22nd to the 26th. It looks good in Google Earth, but I have read some sketchy reviews. Either way, we're going to make the best of it.

JimDogs
05-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll be eager to read your thoughts upon your return!

bigbluthundr
05-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Can't afford to miss this park - top notch - have been twice hope to make it again winter 15/16 - you won't be dissapointed.

bbt

BirchyBoy
06-30-2015, 09:23 AM
We arrived home from our trip last night. We spent 6 nights at the resort; 5 in a bay view site and 1 in a standard site that backs to the road. The resort is top notch as BigBluThundr said. Nice size spots, great hookups, excellent facilities including a pool and also gliding tables/chairs with covers. There are a few dog areas in the resort, including some dog showers near the marina. They have recycling bins but no dumpsters. The trash goes into receptacles shared by 2 spots. Sometimes they would be filled and I'd have to walk a few feet to the next closest one - gasp!

The location is pretty amazing with a marina on end and then a public park that runs along the water side. There was always activity at the park, but there were only a few occasions where we were annoyed at the noise from radios.

We are already planning on going back for at least 2 weeks next summer, maybe a month if I can find a local office for my company that I can work in.

JimDogs
07-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the info Birchyboy! I was starting to think that maybe I'd go elsewhere, but after reading your post I am more excited than ever to get there!

Lslop
07-05-2015, 03:22 PM
We have stayed there and spots are small. I would recommend getting a pull thru site

BirchyBoy
07-05-2015, 05:53 PM
We have stayed there and spots are small. I would recommend getting a pull thru site

Small but the bay view sites are worth it.

BirchyBoy
07-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info Birchyboy! I was starting to think that maybe I'd go elsewhere, but after reading your post I am more excited than ever to get there!

There is a large parking lot in the park, towards the marine. We were on the north end of those bay view sites, number 35. Great spot.

JimDogs
07-07-2015, 05:07 AM
Were you allowed to request that spot? Or do they assign based on availability that day? We have reserved a Bay View spot but I see from Google maps that some have a large block wall that obstructs the view. Also, can you barbecue at your site? Thanks for taking the time to help out!

BirchyBoy
07-07-2015, 06:17 AM
Were you allowed to request that spot? Or do they assign based on availability that day? We have reserved a Bay View spot but I see from Google maps that some have a large block wall that obstructs the view. Also, can you barbecue at your site? Thanks for taking the time to help out!

We requested a site "away from the parking lot", not a particular spot. Our spot had a metal fence between two concrete posts that aligned with the edges of the campground. It also had a really nice palm tree. We have a Weber Q grill that we used. Others had larger grills, etc.

This was my usual view:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_178086_0_3fc0cd0d870577ad07fb12f2f261bde7.jpg

If I stood up I could see this:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_178086_1_b57fa4b283ba99c6bcc6b3c7ba7c7b4d.jpg

Barbell
07-07-2015, 07:02 AM
We stayed at Chula Vista several years ago in our old Lance truck camper. Plan to go back but haven't made it yet. Its a nice campground in a good location.

JimDogs
07-07-2015, 05:39 PM
OK, spot 35 it is then!