PDA

View Full Version : New Carbon ready for inaugural trip!!

Face Down
05-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Been a busy two weeks since I took delivery of my Carbon 357 getting it road and camping ready. In that time I have added vent covers, JT Strong Arms and a Goose Box to the Carbon (plus moved all the camping gear in) and Ride-Rites, a new Remov-a-Ball Hitch assy and a bed 7-Pin connector to the F350. First hook up tonight and took the combo for a 20 mile spin around near-by country roads. Very happy with the way everything handles and the levelness of the trailer. I have just a 1" difference from front to back and a good 7" of bed rail clearance. Heading 110 miles North to VA early Friday morning to Lake Gaston...can't wait to camp in this thing! :D

Next project I will be adding a 11' awning over the garage side door to match the 15' one in the front.

https://db.tt/UXXQq1YY

firekat96
05-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Congratulations, we got our 357 in April and absolutely love it. Only issue we had on our first trip was..... I found out the hard way our tank drain valves were miss labeled from the factory so you may want to double check those.

Brandon327
05-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Does it have 3 ac units?

Face Down
05-26-2015, 04:00 AM
Just two...w/ three vent covers one being a FanMate.

Face Down
05-26-2015, 06:24 AM
Weekend was a success. Only two minor problems to report....the shower needed a bead of silicone around the outside of the door track and the black/grey label tank guy has struck again. Loved loved the camper...towed great, setup was a breeze and we were very comfortable in it!!

https://db.tt/bC9ubz5z

GaryWT
05-26-2015, 06:34 AM
Sounds good, nice when a plan comes together.

firekat96
05-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Ha, I'm glad we weren't the only ones with the labels wrong.

MontanaMike
05-27-2015, 08:25 AM
and the black/grey label tank guy has struck again.

Same here on my 357. We took it the first time over the holiday and I tested the tank handles and the rear ones were backwards. Grey=black, black=grey.

Loved loved the camper...towed great, setup was a breeze and we were very comfortable in it!!

One thing I'm going to change is the master mattress. I've got 2 eggcrates on it and it still sucks.

Everything else was awesome!

Face Down
05-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Same here on my 357. We took it the first time over the holiday and I tested the tank handles and the rear ones were backwards. Grey=black, black=grey.

One thing I'm going to change is the master mattress. I've got 2 eggcrates on it and it still sucks.

Everything else was awesome!

We still had our memory foam topper from the old TT, you can get a pretty nice 3-4" one on Amazon or Overstock for about $125-150. Makes a huge difference.