PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Safe

Pull Toy
05-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Don't be afraid to drill through to "the daylight" if that will make your installation more secure.

On our last 5'er I added a "Digital Lock Box" to lock down a weapon, and/or jewelry and cash. As an ex-LEO I tend to be overly cautious, and didn't want anyone to carry away my loot. I found a nice "Digital Mini Safe" at BJ's Warehouse that suited my needs. I had a machine shop drill two 3/8" holes thru the back wall of the box (Not a do it yourself project!) Using my template, I then drilled 2 (1/8") pilot holes through the lockbox to the outside of the camper. I then drilled, from the outside-in, the final 3/8" holes. (This minimizes the chipping damage to the Gel-Coat). Two Stainless Steel 3/8" Carriage Bolts with O-rings and RTV from the outside of the camper in through the back wall of the strong box finished the job. The chances of anyone realizing that the exterior carriage bolt heads, have anything to do with the inside location of my lock-box are pretty slim, but it makes it "Oh so much harder" to carry away my Goodies! From the outside, the carriage bolt heads look like factory!

GT2400BH
05-18-2015, 05:43 PM
That's s great idea. (tx)

GaryWT
05-18-2015, 07:19 PM
I guess if you have a need the best way to keep the box is to attach it like that. We have not had a need as I have never owned a gun and we do not bring much with us. Hopefully you will not need it though...