PDA

View Full Version : Furnace questions

On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN
05-16-2015, 09:41 AM
I have been reading about our furnace in our rv and read if we put the fan on low or high it will use the a/c vents and if we put the fan on aux it does not. For some strange reason I never noticed that when I read the manual the first time. Which is the better way to go. Should I be using the a/c vents?
Right now I have it set on
fan-aux
a/c- 20 Celsius
heater-20 Celsius

If it was not raining so much right now I would not have been reading the manual. Blame my question on mother nature :rofl:

bsmith0404
05-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Not sure what your layout is, the best setting is the one that circulates best in your rv.

cw3jason
05-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Unless you want cool air blowing from the ceiling and warm air from the floor, I would leave the fan in auto.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GaryWT
05-16-2015, 12:44 PM
I just run the furnace when we want heat and let it come from the floor, we do not push any other air around.

Chinomax
05-17-2015, 09:37 PM
I have never seen a trailer/5er that does not have the AC air blowing out of the ceiling and the heat coming out of the floor or side cabinets. I don't see how any other way would be possible but maybe your rig is something new! Chino

Face Down
05-18-2015, 03:46 AM
I have never seen a trailer/5er that does not have the AC air blowing out of the ceiling and the heat coming out of the floor or side cabinets. I don't see how any other way would be possible but maybe your rig is something new! Chino

X2...hot air rises, you want to coming from the floor vents.

JRTJH
05-18-2015, 04:06 AM

In newer RV's with a single thermostat to control both heat and A/C, most are "wired" so the A/C fan will run when the furnace fan runs (if the thermostat switch is set to "LOW" or "HIGH". If it is set to "AUTO" then only the furnace fan will blow. That feature was included to provide the capability to integrate a rooftop heat pump with the furnace and/or to allow for increased air movement. Many RV's have limited heat delivered to the front bathroom/bedroom area. You're right, the A/C (cool air output on rooftop units) is almost always delivered from the ceiling vents.

All rooftop heat pumps deliver the "warm air" via the A/C vents in the ceiling. Those that also incorporate a gas furnace in the system can usually be "switched" so the A/C fan will blow when the furnace output is blowing from the lower vents, delivering air from both the ceiling and the floor.

My 2011 Springdale (manual thermostat) and my Cougar (digital thermostat) are wired so the A/C fan will run when the thermostat fan switch is in any position other than "AUTO."