PDA

View Full Version : Towing question

Happy Days
05-13-2015, 05:52 PM
I have a 2015 F350 single axel. With that being said I'm wondering if it will handle a 2015 Heartland Cyclone as far as towing a rig that size without a dually.

JRTJH
05-13-2015, 06:26 PM
We have one member, tomsws6, who recently purchased a Heartland Cyclone 4200. He currently has a F350 and has weighed his rig. His most recent comments are that the trailer is parked until he upgrades to a dually. You might PM him to get more specifics on his findings.

chuckster57
05-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Aren't all F350's single axle?

I know you meant single rear wheel...I'm a member of a Ford truck forum and there hasent ever been any mention of a dual axle F350. If there was I might be convinced to get one. Welcome to the forum !!

notanlines
05-14-2015, 02:52 AM
We stayed next to a trailer just like that this winter and that family pulls theirs with a F-450 dually. I believe it is a 20K unit. I would guess the hitch weight would be close to 4K. You might pull it home with your F350, but then head to Ford with your check book. You couple a new Ford F-450 and that 5'ver and you'll be top dog in most parks......:D

tomsws6
05-17-2015, 10:24 AM
I have a 2015 F350 single axel. With that being said I'm wondering if it will handle a 2015 Heartland Cyclone as far as towing a rig that size without a dually.

:wlcm:

Yup , Im here.... What model are you looking at? A double axle or a triple? No one here can tell you what to do but there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and a lot of them have made the mistakes and been able to learn from them.. I bought a 15 cyclone 4200.. A deal we just couldnt pass up..

facts:
I have a 06 f350. In short my truck will pull it and will stop it with no issues. It can get a little squirrely in some road joints when turning at highway speeds, not all but some. With bags (70pds) it sits perfectly level. Now I went to the scales and it ended up with a 3800pd pin weight.

It will probably sit right now and really isnt going anywere until I get a dually. We are also living in it until our house is finished. While I will say my truck will do the job I would recommend against it. Yes theres a campground 7 miles from me and we may go there but as a permanent tow vehicle? Na.... I drove back 4hrs on I95 from the dealer to home and there wasnt 1 single white knuckle event. I was lucky, and I pride myself on being a good defensive driver and simply paying attention to the road around me and ahead.... But it was always in the back of my mind so that probably made it just as bad if not worse.. Now if its a dual axle Cyclone I dont think theres an issue with your truck at all. With it being a 2013 f350 your truck is more capable than mine, I would just get some airbags, a good hitch, brake controller and enjoy it to the max.. I hope this sheds some light on your situation.

Old Mustanger
05-17-2015, 11:07 AM

Regular cab, crew cab or super cab? 6.7L Turbo-diesel or 6.2 Gas? 4WD or 2WD? These all make a difference in the towing rating of your truck.