PDA

View Full Version : Water Heater ? 2015 Impact 311

Rhinoone82
05-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Ok I have a question. I am sure I know the answer but want to confirm. On the Impact 311 there is a switch for the Water heater on the panel next to the water pump switch. That will turn it on and run off of the propane correct? If I want to use the electric also there is a switch on the outside of the water heater that I need to flip on. Making sure that there is water in the tank so as not to fry the element.

Can I just run it off of the electric or will it need to run off both. On my old TT I was able to run just the electric which was nice for just washing hands or doing dishes.

Having taken delivery back in December and this weekend being our first trip out I wanted to get some feedback.

Thanks

gtsum2
05-12-2015, 03:10 PM
good question and I am wondering the same thing myself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Festus2
05-12-2015, 03:20 PM
With the way it is set up you can:
1) use only electric (the outside rocker switch has to be on)
2) use only propane
3) use both electric and propane. This is often used when quick recovery is needed.

hankpage
05-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Just a note ....... the circuit breaker in the main panel marked WATER HEATER must also be on for electric. (Not for propane)

Rhinoone82
05-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Thanks all. I kinda thought I could still use it this way but wanted to be sure. Like I said, taking delivery in December has caused me to forget some of the things that I asked when we went through it. (tx)

gtsum2
05-12-2015, 03:53 PM
With the way it is set up you can:
1) use only electric (the outside rocker switch has to be on)
2) use only propane
3) use both electric and propane. This is often used when quick recovery is needed.

so having the outside switch on and the inside switch on, that would use both propane and electric, right? It doesnt auto switch from one source to the other like the fridge does, right?

hankpage
05-12-2015, 04:00 PM
so having the outside switch on and the inside switch on, that would use both propane and electric, right? It doesnt auto switch from one source to the other like the fridge does, right?

Technically it does ..... if shore power is removed it will only work on gas. (if the switch is on)

gtsum2
05-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Technically it does ..... if shore power is removed it will only work on gas. (if the switch is on)

good deal. thanks!

14george
05-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Mine has a switch for propane and electric on control panel

sptddog
05-13-2015, 11:14 AM
I have a fusion, but on mine, for the water heater to work at all (gas or electric) I think I have to have the switch flipped that is on the outside panel near the element/water heater. For it to run on electric I have to flip a switch in the bathroom. I've always assumed that the inside one controls the electric, and the outside one gas or gas/electric. That outside one is often the only one I flip.

Cnc_hemi
05-16-2015, 08:18 PM
I have owned 4 campers and all but one the switch outside was to only turn on the electric element. But always remember to turn it off when you don't have water hooked up. Because it will burn the element just like the one in ya home. Also some campers have both switches inside, the ones I have seen are marked gas/electric.

I run both when We are camping for that you get a faster recovery but the electric will keep it hot when not in use.

LSU TIGER FAN
2013 FUZION 310
2012 GMC 2500 HD SIERRA DURAMAX 6.6L