PDA

View Full Version : Does my Springdale have a radio antenna?

dee74
05-09-2015, 04:17 AM
We are on our maiden voyage in our Springdale 282bh and the Jensen radio will not pick up any stations. Our old Passport had a separate radio antenna and the reception was great. Do I have an antenna, I cannot see up on the roof from my site.

cw3jason
05-09-2015, 04:27 AM
If you have the omni directional antenna, the am,fm antenna is built in. Turn on the booster by pressing the little button and the Led will light, then try the stereo you should pick up more chanels

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vantage32fls
05-09-2015, 05:33 AM
We have the omni directional and had no reception. Seen a post here about the antenna cable not hooked up to the antenna. I pulled the radio out and sure enough the cable wasn't plugged in. Wonderful reception now

Festus2
05-09-2015, 07:16 AM
We are on our maiden voyage in our Springdale 282bh and the Jensen radio will not pick up any stations. Our old Passport had a separate radio antenna and the reception was great. Do I have an antenna, I cannot see up on the roof from my site.

On some years and models, there isn't any roof antenna. Instead there is a coil of "antenna wire" which is attached to the radio and stored behind the stereo cabinet. Often it is found to be coiled up in a heap lying on the floor. Look behind the cabinet and if you do spot the antenna there, try to straighten it out and fasten it to the wall. By doing so, it may improve your reception.

dee74
05-09-2015, 01:49 PM
I found the antenna wire with the ties still on it. I took the ties off and uncoiled the wire and now I can get a bunch of stations. I left it laid in behind the unit. I may try and run it up and out later but it is working great as is. The end has a coaxial looking connection so I was wondering if I can hook it into the TV antenna.

chuckster57
05-09-2015, 02:31 PM
If there is a connection open on the backside of the booster plate, you sure can. If you don't have a second tv then it would be the TV2 connection.

tommy_z
06-16-2015, 12:49 PM
On my new Passport, reception was lousy too. Pulled the radio and the "antenna" (2 wires really) was plugged in but taped up in a bundle! I strung them out and taped to backside of TV. Much better now.

beermanjoe
06-17-2015, 05:10 PM
How do you get in behind the radio?

chuckster57
06-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Depending on what radio you have you may have to remove the trim ring. On some you remove the two side covers.

There should be 4 screws with either a Phillips head or #2 square head. Take them out and the unit should pull out. Can you post a pic?

natedog_37
06-18-2015, 05:53 AM
I never really looked on my springdale. Never really has a issue.

CrazyCain
03-24-2017, 02:10 PM
At leastyou had an Antenna wire, i did not even have a wire period.. :)