PDA

View Full Version : Slide Awning

mikereidjr
05-08-2015, 06:35 AM
Hello-
I have a Springdale 26 rlssr with a big slide, I do not have a slide awning and am thinking about getting one. Do I really need one? My folks have them on their RV and they seem nice, but is their an advantage?

I am a pretty handy guy, I am thinking I could install it myself, has anyone done it before?

Thanks!

Mike

cw3jason
05-08-2015, 06:42 AM
Had an awning on my last trailer. Very beneficial, keeps from having to clean if the roof before retracting the slide. Keeps rain away from the seals and prevents leaks, also cuts down on heat entering the slide out room

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

koko
05-08-2015, 07:30 AM
We like ours for all of the above reasons. Too much debris gets on top of the slide in a very short time without it. People talk about taking a big broom and ladder and sweeping the top of their slide - no thanks. Slide awnings are expensive; but once you've made that initial investment, the value is obvious. Ours was installed by the dealer, so I can't comment on ease of installation.

14george
05-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Just had one installed on mine for the same reasons as above

RAINEY
05-10-2015, 01:27 PM
When I ordered my Montana 5th wheel I did a lot of research. It seems that everyone is split almost 50/50 on good or bad. I ordered mine without and my friend who ordered the same exact 5th wheel ordered them. After the first camping trip at a state park with trees I ordered them and had the dealer install them on all 5 slide outs. You wi get some wind flapping but not enough to make you regret having them.

chuckster57
05-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Like Rainey says, it's about a 50/50 split. I don't have them and don't see getting them.

As far as DIY installation, they aren't hard to install. Instructions are included, and with time and proper tools can be installed in a couple hours.

Dooley
05-10-2015, 04:50 PM
We just got our 3510 RE Alpine and could have sworn the salesmen said that I could have them installed , but it would void Keystones warranty??? Maybe we misunderstood one another..
Anybody heard anything like that ?
After being at a site with a lot of trees and looking at other campers that have been there a while ,looks like a good idea, but i really haven't researched it that much yet.The ladder that is on the unit is pretty scary to be climbing up and down . I got about half way up and started laughing my A?? off about how flimsy it was !!
Now I could miss a few meals , but come on !!