PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this leak?

CampinDad
05-03-2015, 07:28 PM
We picked up our new Carbon 33 on Friday. During the walk through we had it under pressure and ran all faucets with no evidence of leaks. We then had it setup in my inlaw's driveway over the weekend before the drive home today. We weren't hooked up to water at their house so the only water in the system was what was left over from the walk through.

I stop for gas on the way home today and see this leak.

https://vimeo.com/126766999

It is coming from the far left pipe when looking from the drivers side. There are two large diameter pipes on the left and one small diameter pipe on the right that all feed to the same drain - this is the far left. I'm guessing it is the grey water as the two low point drains are close by and it is "upriver" of what I'm guessing is the black water. I'm not sure what the small diameter pipe would be... fresh water?

Is this a major issue? It looks like something loosened during the drive today and caused the drip. It also appears as though it originates under the corrugated plastic bottom or maybe just above it.

I'll be contacting the dealer about this and a few other issues we found tomorrow but wanted everyone else's input as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckster57
05-03-2015, 07:50 PM
There a number of possibilities. Since all the tanks are under the floor and above the coroplast, it will be necessary to drop as much as needed to inspect all connections.

Could be as minor as a loose clamp or as serious as a cracked tank. If it is under warranty, by all means take it in.

CampinDad
05-03-2015, 08:03 PM
The dealer we got it from is 2.5 hours away. We also have two Camping Worlds within 15 minutes of us and I understand they are Keystone dealers. Do we have to take it back to "our" dealer or are we able to go to one of the CWs?

chuckster57
05-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Call your local ones and ask. No RV dealer is required to do warranty work on any unit not sold at their location.

Last dealer I worked at did, but only after customers rigs were done and limited repairs to 5 items. Haven't been at current dealer long enough to know their policy.

CampinDad
05-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks Chuck. I'll be on the phone tomorrow and hopefully get it figured out pretty quick. I'd just hate for it to sit at the dealer for a few weeks and cause us to miss planned trips.

cb1000rider
05-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Care to fill us in on the cause?

{tpc}
05-30-2015, 04:08 AM
Thanks Chuck. I'll be on the phone tomorrow and hopefully get it figured out pretty quick. I'd just hate for it to sit at the dealer for a few weeks and cause us to miss planned trips.

So what did you find out? It might be worth the drive back to the dealer "if" you can get it fixed right away.