PDA

View Full Version : Automatic logouts

sourdough
05-03-2015, 04:23 PM
What can be done about the website logging a member out before they can even write a post? It happens to me all the time and I've read posts from others that have the same thing happening.

chuckster57
05-03-2015, 04:32 PM
I can't say it has happened to me.... yet. (Probably just jinxed myself). I will forward this to an admin for further review.

sourdough
05-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Thank you. Sometimes my posts take a bit of time trying to pull up stats etc. but it's not that long. Today after I signed in it dropped me out on the first post.....would think it's the laptop but it doesn't do it on any other site.

JRTJH
05-03-2015, 06:44 PM
I haven't had any issues with being logged out. When you sign in, do you check the box "remember me" ? I use a desktop or laptop computer so I can't say if there's anything different with a tablet or smartphone...

I've always checked that box, but remember a couple of years ago that some people using tablets or smart phones were getting logged out. It seems checking that box resolved the problem, but I'm not sure if that was the only thing that was done or if there were other issues (like an update to Tapatalk) that went along with the fix.

Williston324
05-04-2015, 02:24 PM
It definately does log you quickly when on a tablet. Quite annoying actually, especially when posting.

chuckster57
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
It definately does log you quickly when on a tablet. Quite annoying actually, especially when posting.

I routinely use a tablet (surface) and can't say I have any issues.

GmaPaTime
05-05-2015, 04:11 AM
I use my IPad quite often and have noticed this issue sometimes but not always. Could it be that a brief disconnect from the wireless connection is causing this? I have no problems though on our laptop.

{tpc}
05-05-2015, 04:28 AM
Mine does it on occasion. If its something I feel real strongly about I've taken to copying the post prior to submitting it, in case I've been logged out. If its not something I feel strongly about, I think its someone elses way of telling me maybe I shouldn't post it! lol :)

GmaPaTime
05-05-2015, 05:39 AM
Mine does it on occasion. If its something I feel real strongly about I've taken to copying the post prior to submitting it, in case I've been logged out. If its not something I feel strongly about, I think its someone elses way of telling me maybe I shouldn't post it! lol :)

Agree :) I've even written it in MSWord first then copy and paste.

sourdough
05-06-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm using my laptop. I generally try to use the remember me box but can't say I always do but don't know that it helps.

It signed me off multiple times yesterday and it seems it is always after I've made a post that takes a bit of time to compose. I don't have a problem with the laptop being signed off from any of the other sites I use that require signing in; ie: bank, credit cards, email etc. Seems like there might be an auto timeout that has a short threshold?

scott24
05-07-2015, 05:17 PM
I've had far less issues since I started using Google Chrome as my web browser.

rjsurfer
05-08-2015, 12:04 AM
Galaxy Nexus tablet running Android 5.1.1.using Chrome browser and have never been logged off.

Ron W

hankaye
05-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Howdy All;

I have had the problem in the past, and continue to have it.
Can't remember if it was Festus2 or the Almighty boss of the forum
but it was explained to me as a timing thing. perhaps 15 minutes ...
Anyway if we stray to long to go to another site it feels we have
abandoned the site and will log us off the same if we don't move
around on the site itself once in awhile. I've pretty much accepted the
fact and just finish what I'm typing, face the log-in when it appears
(I will highlight and copy "just in case..."), and hope it shows as it usually
does. If not then I paste ^^^^^^^^ into a new reply box.....

hankaye

sourdough
05-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Hank that's probably my problem; 15 minutes or so......
By the time I start writing and try to look something up I'm liable to fall asleep for a bit then try to start typing again.........:o Maybe the good life is getting "too" good:)