PDA

View Full Version : 28 RBS Forward Pass Through Question

Ittle Dew Too
05-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Would anyone happen to know if the aluminum square tube support structure of the front pass through of a 2015 28rbs is hollow or if Keystone uses it as a conduit for something.

I want to do a mod to hold my hitch spring bars in PVC conduit and mount it to the square tube support structure but don't want to drill self tapping bolts into it without at least asking.

I would think they are hollow but using it as a conduit makes sense too.

Thanks for any help.

chuckster57
05-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

As a rule, the square tubing is just framework. Wiring that is run along the framework is usually held in place with p clamps, and not run through the tubing. That would require some sort of anti chafing at the holes, and when you think about the cost in parts and labor it doesn't make sense.

JRTJH
05-03-2015, 05:43 PM
The awning wiring on my Cougar fifth wheel runs into the trailer just above the steps to the upstairs. I wanted to run wiring for LED awning lights through the same space and found that the awning wiring is inside the 2x2 aluminum tubing. I had to remove the side clearance light and drill a 1/2' hole into the side of the tubing so I could run the LED light wire under the steps. So, your concern is valid. Whether or not there is any wiring in the specific tubing you're considering I can't say, but yes, some wiring is run through some of the sidewall tubing, I couldn't say about any other.

chuckster57
05-03-2015, 05:48 PM
The awning wiring on my Cougar fifth wheel runs into the trailer just above the steps to the upstairs. I wanted to run wiring for LED awning lights through the same space and found that the awning wiring is inside the 2x2 aluminum tubing.

Glad I said "as a rule".

Ittle Dew Too
05-04-2015, 01:13 AM
Thank you both, I'll do some scouting and see if I can see any evidence that they might have used it or not. Since I do have the wiring for the battery cut off and power stabilizers run on the outside of that tubing, my hopes are that I won't have any surprises on the other side ( pasanger side ) of the camper.

Again, thank you for your replies,
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to drill I go!