PDA

View Full Version : hot water

chuckster57
05-02-2015, 04:09 PM
having trouble with the hot water, pump works, heater works, when hot faucet is turned on, nothing. have turned bypass. water heater gets water, water gets hot. cold water works, even when hooked up to city water hot faucet does not run. works in bypass mode but no hot water. opened pop valve on heater thought maybe air lock. hot water came out. is there another valve somewhere?

If your sure the bypass valve is set to normal operation, then I would be looking at the anti flow back valve. Its located on the "OUT" side of the supply line at the tank. I have seen them clogged causing very little flow, so it's quite possible that yours is clogged completely. Easy to replace, and part should be available at any RV parts store.

indano, Howdy;

Have you checked the check-valve where the hot water leaves
the hot water tank?
I'd recommend draining the tank of hot water (or allowing it to cool),
first.

hankaye

Had the problem with hot water faucets, in all sinks and shower, water would not come out of faucets, kept looking, found out the water heater installer, put a check valve on the water heater, at the hot water connection to the heater, the plastic broke, plugging the pipe, so no water would go through. took me 2 days to find it. So if no water comes out your hot faucet, check the hot connection right at the heater.

hankpage
05-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Sorry .... I tried to merge two duplicate threads and this is what happened. :o Hank

chuckster57
05-04-2015, 11:36 AM
It's all good in my book.

bobbecky
05-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Is that check valve the one installed so the system can be winterized?

chuckster57
05-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Is that check valve the one installed so the system can be winterized?

No. The winterizing valve is the one with a handle you can turn. The check valve is threaded into the tank at the outlet (HOT) side.