PDA

View Full Version : Where to find replacement bedroom doors...I broke two

Boisedad
05-01-2015, 08:53 AM
We have had our 2014 Avalanche 360RB for 3 weeks. The first night we brought it home my wife was closing all the slides and didn't realize the bedroom door was open and the slide broke the door. Then, while at the shop installing a new Onan 5500 generator, the repair guy did the same thing. So, now we are down two doors and we haven't even taken it out yet. I called all the dealers in the closest three states and got the same answer over $600 per door!!! Are you kidding me!! It is just a hollow core, interior door. So, does anyone have any suggestions on where to get this odd size door?

chris199
05-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the club!! We picked up our new 5er 2 weeks ago today. Our first night out our kitchen slide crushed a cabinet door. Irony is DW and I discussed hydrolic slides...what to watch for. ..that morning. Ughhh...I was so pissed!!! We now open the slides just enough to get in and confirm all is OK. Also purchased two types of door magnets to see if that might help.

Anyway...called the dealer. They asked for VIN, pic of door, pic of hinge, finish of handle, and door dimensions. A week or so and $100 later, the replacdment door arrived. I need to drill holes for handle, install hinges, etc but it will be as good as new very soon.

hankpage
05-01-2015, 10:12 AM
We have had our 2014 Avalanche 360RB for 3 weeks. The first night we brought it home my wife was closing all the slides and didn't realize the bedroom door was open and the slide broke the door. Then, while at the shop installing a new Onan 5500 generator, the repair guy did the same thing. So, now we are down two doors and we haven't even taken it out yet. Where do you go to order these types of parts? Do I have to go to a dealer or is there a better place to get them?

Boisedad, I would think that since the shop ruined one of the doors, they would be replacing it. While they are at it, have them order an extra one for you. ............... "Stuff happens" We have all been in the same position .... maybe not a double header but close. If you go to the "Repairs and maintenance" section you will find a list of Where to get RV parts and materials. (http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12986) Let us know what progress you make, Hank

dhn
05-01-2015, 10:16 AM
If the dealer can't help, try trekwood. The passege doors are 3 or 4 pages in on this link. Good luck.

http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search.php?model=Avalanche&year=2014&category=Door&search-keywords=