PDA

View Full Version : Water heater with 2 electric switches

dwayneb236
04-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Ok, here goes, I rarely ask questions here as I'm a glutton for punishment and like to discover things the hard way. Anyhow, here goes.

I have a 2013 Hideout 31RBDS. On the inside to the left of the door are two switches for the water heater, "notice I didn't say HOT water heater". Anyway, there is of course the gas and the electric, both on rocker switches. And I know there is the rocker switch outside on the water heater itself for electric.

So my question, as long as one of the electric switches is off does that mean the heater electric circuit is completely off, or do they both have to be off.

The reason I'm asking is I'm sometimes a bit bad at turning off the outside switch. Not a huge issue as I don't drain it and have had no problems. Just curious.

B&T
04-29-2015, 07:20 AM
Both on -- turns it on. Either one off -- turns it off.

Just to make sure I do not fry my heater element, I always turn off the water heater circuit breaker on the ac breaker panel -- probably overkill but it's what I do.

dwayneb236
04-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Yeah kinda assumed that but you know what they say about assuming. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
Helps with my peace of mind.

GaryWT
04-29-2015, 01:47 PM
I use to turn the outside switch on when I started the season and filled the tank and then shut it off when winterizing. The rest of the year it was just the inside switch.

cw3jason
04-29-2015, 02:44 PM
I use to turn the outside switch on when I started the season and filled the tank and then shut it off when winterizing. The rest of the year it was just the inside switch.
X2

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk