PDA

View Full Version : How to clean garage and ramp door?

Rdowns
04-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Has anyone found a good way or product to use to clean the garage floor and ramp? Especially the ramp! the grip tape on that is so dang rough it seems like it just holds the dirt after pulling bikes in and out.

BlueknightWI
04-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Being from Central WI and the land of Mills' Fleet Farm, I use their version of Simple Green. It is called Jungle Jake. Mix with hot water, and use a floor brush. Won't need tons of water but obviously the door will need to be open. Then just lightly rinse and allow to dry. Should be fine.

Rdowns
04-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Dang :bfart: I always forget about the magic works of simple green! Thanks!

steve slade
05-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Can u just spray it with a pressure washer and let dry. Or will water seep in the door

Rdowns
05-05-2015, 05:09 AM
Good question! I would be a little weary of water on any interior part like that, I would say that they probably build the door to be water resistant as to the fact you would be rolling possibly wet items in and out... but would think that its not meant to handle that kind of water!

I'll tell ya... Im tired of scraping my knuckles on that grip tape when closing and opening the door.

MBD
05-09-2015, 03:12 PM
After using my pressure washer to clean concrete and siding, I won't spray any of my vehicles with it - even with the "right" tip, I worry about peeling the paint off.

To clean the garage floor, I sweep it out with a regular broom or blow it out with an electric leaf blower - then mop, just like a linoleum floor. I have used Lysol, but mostly use distilled white vinegar in water.

I tried mopping the door "once." You can only imagine the time I spent picking lint from the mop head off the surface. Now I use a car wash brush on a pole and rinse with the garden hose (low pressure). I'm on my second toy hauler and have yet to have any issues with these maintenance techniques.

I would urge you to research magic green. As I recall the Air Force had some issues with pitting and degradation of aluminum and other metals when airmen used the solution for cleaning. My RV ain't no 18 million dollar jet, but it sure seems like I paid close to that sum!