PDA

View Full Version : Finally have our Keystone Impact 311-with pictures!

BlueknightWI
04-28-2015, 06:40 AM
Well, on Friday of last week, we celebrated 34 years of wedded bliss by taking delivery on the most expensive gift we've ever given each other! So, without further adieu, here it is. I do have a question-looking at the angle with the gate down it seems rather intimidating to ride the bike up in there. I'm sure it is fine, but I'm asking if you all had the same experience that first time. I haven't put the bike in there yet. Will wait for some help those first few times.

BlueknightWI
04-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Since I'm limited to five at a time........

BlueknightWI
04-28-2015, 06:58 AM
Last group. So far we love the quality throughout the unit.

Face Down
04-28-2015, 07:14 AM
Congrats...it is beautiful!

notanlines
04-28-2015, 07:29 AM
Nice rig, Blue! Don't let the ramp thing bother you. Wouldn't hurt to have a helping hand the first time for the jitters, but you'll find it is a piece of cake. Enjoy the Wisconsin woods this summer with your family.

BlueknightWI
04-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Anyone notice my unique front plate? I figured RUMBLN (limited to six digits) is great for a HD plate and a Duramax Diesel. Thanks for the tip, Notanlines.

GaryWT
04-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Very nice, enjoy it.

Rhinoone82
04-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Very nice. Have you gotten out in it yet? We go next weekend for our first trip out with ours. Getting very anxious. I think we finally have everything in there that we decided to transfer from the old one and de-winterized it tonight. "bouncey:

BlueknightWI
04-28-2015, 04:48 PM
We took it up north 35 miles on Saturday and slept in it after a retirement party. Figured may as well sleep where we partied! Going locally to a campgrounds this weekend. I'm hoping two weeks from that to go down near LaCrosse for the weekend. There's a Blue Knights event down there we may attend-depending on my wife's schedule. The big difference between ours and the majority of these units is ours has a queen size bed, instead of King. We only have a queen at home, and I really like that I can walk around the side of the bed with this one. Couldn't with the king size.

gtsum2
04-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Congrats and enjoy the new rig!

roadglide
04-29-2015, 07:06 PM
I ordered a 6 ft by 4 ft folding aluminum ramp and use the straps that came with it hooking it to the garage hinges. I'm comfortable with it because the rear tire touches the ramp before the front tire leaves the garage it helps with braking using the clutch to ease my Harley down. I carry a 2 by 6 that reaches across the door that rest on the 3 rubber bumpers , this raises the garage door up 4 inches and that is where the aluminum ramp comes into effect.

BlueknightWI
04-30-2015, 03:43 AM
Roadglide, I would love to see pictures if possible. I love Road Glides, but my wife insisted on an Ultra Limited. I may just get on it and ride it into the back garage just because I need to. It is intimidating to know there is barely enough room for the bike to fit once you get it up there you best be stopping!

I ordered a 6 ft by 4 ft folding aluminum ramp and use the straps that came with it hooking it to the garage hinges. I'm comfortable with it because the rear tire touches the ramp before the front tire leaves the garage it helps with braking using the clutch to ease my Harley down. I carry a 2 by 6 that reaches across the door that rest on the 3 rubber bumpers , this raises the garage door up 4 inches and that is where the aluminum ramp comes into effect.