PDA

View Full Version : Regulator

crash
04-28-2015, 02:23 AM
This is the pressure regulator that I use,Just wondering if anyone else uses this style and have you had problems with it?I have been using this style for years ,this latest one that I have now is acting up the last time we went camping I didnt pay any attention to it when I hooked it up ,walked around to do something else and when I came back around the gauge was spiked all the way around to the pin at the end of the numbers:eek:.I turn water off unhook regulator and the needle is still stuck all the way around pegged out :confused:.water pressure at the campground isnt that high on pressure .Any ideas? Thanks

XLite28SGS
04-28-2015, 03:42 AM
Crash;

I have the same regulator. On our first trip out this year mine did the same thing. I carry a regulator without the gauge and used it with on problems.

When I got home I went to Tractor Supply and got a new gauge, replaced it and tested it at home - works fine. I got the gauge that only goes to 100psi.

I think the old gauge had water in it and froze over the winter.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Allan:)

Javi
04-28-2015, 03:49 AM
Yeah... had the gauge freeze up over the winter a few years ago and after replacing the gauge all is well... Now I keep it in the house between trips in the winter and no problem since.

Ron
04-28-2015, 05:24 AM
Also had the same problem here, as suspected they come with the cheapest gauge possible, just go down and buy a quality gauge and you will be good to go...

Bob Landry
04-28-2015, 07:20 AM
I've been using the same Watts regulator for over three years with no issue. i wasn't cheap, but cheap and quality do not work well in the same sentence.

crash
04-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Thanks everyone .I didnt know if there was problems internally or not,so I guess I will just remove the gauge and go get a new one.:D

GaryWT
04-28-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't use a gauge.