PDA

View Full Version : Challenger Dryer Vent Location ?????

RLD_999
04-24-2015, 01:35 PM
I have a 2002 Challenger 32TIB and I want to replace the HAIER Washer-Dryer .... which is a real joke .. with a SPLENDIDE 2000 ( vented ) .

My question is .. does anyone know if there is a spot in the outer wall that was designed with this in mind .. or .. are there any wires that run within the wall that I am likely to sever by just randomly picking a spot ?

Keystone does not support this year any more, so they cannot help.

Thank You

Desert185
04-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Try it without a vent. I think you'll find that there is so little moisture that you won't need to install one. Use the screen door or window screens to vent what little moisture there is.

I have a vent for the Spendide between the garage man door and the forward wall on the right side...FWIW, but we rarely use it.

gman1966347
04-28-2015, 01:25 PM
I have a 2002 Challenger 32TIB and I want to replace the HAIER Washer-Dryer .... which is a real joke .. with a SPLENDIDE 2000 ( vented ) .

My question is .. does anyone know if there is a spot in the outer wall that was designed with this in mind .. or .. are there any wires that run within the wall that I am likely to sever by just randomly picking a spot ?

Keystone does not support this year any more, so they cannot help.

Thank You

I had just had a splendide installed into my 2013 Montana 3150rl about a month ago. I thought about doing it myself but since I bought it from Camping world, I thought I would have them do the install. Man I'm glad that I did!! I stayed and watched the man. It was quite a chor. He did a beautiful job! I recommend camping world. I normally would tackle this kinda thing, but the wife talked me out of it. Glad she did!

hdrolling
06-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Try it without a vent. I think you'll find that there is so little moisture that you won't need to install one. Use the screen door or window screens to vent what little moisture there is.

I have a vent for the Spendide between the garage man door and the forward wall on the right side...FWIW, but we rarely use it.

We tried this and it didn't work for us, our camper has the main and bedroom A/C but nothing but a little vent and the door to the garage to cool that room off. With the dryer going it was really hard to keep it cool in there.

I just finished installing the chrome vent today and it's a night and day difference.

OP, if your unsure I would highly recommend at least getting a quote from CW to see if it would be worth it for you just to have them do it. The garages on the toy haulers like mine are marked for venting and really a no brainer.