PDA

View Full Version : Factory installed air matress failure

snshatz
04-19-2015, 05:56 PM
We bought a 323mks in August 2013 and of course went through the usual walk thru. Inflating the air matress built into the sofa was showed us that it worked; however it wasn't until recently I decided to sleep on the matress myself. After 4 or 5 hours I awoke to find out it had deflated. I finished out my night in our bed. Later that morning I checked air matress all over and cannot figure out my why it deflated. I checked the release valve and it was tight. I have not been able to find out who the manuacturer is so I could maybe get some help. Anyone have any ideas?

mazboy123
04-20-2015, 03:35 AM
pretty simple to find a leak. Just like finding a leak in a tire, start by putting it in water and looking for bubbles in water.

you can find out whose air mattress it is by contacting the dealer or the sofa company direct.

jkohler70
04-20-2015, 05:04 AM
Fill a spray bottle with a mix of a few drops of dish soap and water. The addition of the soap will cause it to bubble on the leak.

howard
04-21-2015, 12:21 PM
We experienced the same problem. Just took a small amount of water and dish detergent in and poured it where I thought the hole might be. Found it very quickly. We learned our lesson that the matress needs to go into the supplied case. We've not had any problem since.

therink
04-21-2015, 12:36 PM
I had one of mine (the one my son used) leak twice. Both time the leak was a pinhole at of of the factory folds on the side edge. The first time was replaced under warranty, the second time I threw it away and bought a $25 Coleman air mattress at Walmart. No problems since.
The replacement mattress that Keystone provided under warranty came in a generic box with nothing but Chinese writing on the outside. There was no way to know whothe mmanufacturer was. This explained why it didn't hold air.