PDA

View Full Version : Alpine nightstand

rbev2308
04-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Question not specific to Alpine as the cabinetry is most likely the same in Montana, Cougar, etc. I absolutely must trash this cloud nine mattress. Keystone never followed other MFR's with 72x80 but 70 x 80 on their beds. I do not want to custom order so I want to put a 73x80 Denver Mattress in place. Problem is the nightstand top edge to opposite slide wall is exactly 70.5 I want to remove the top of nightstand but cannot figure out how to remove the drawers. Usually these style have tabs you either push in along the channel to get it to release or a tab you pry out with screwdriver. It appears to be neither on this style nor any screws on the side of rails. Not sure how the top of the nightstand is attached either. Either put in with dowels and glue, stapled(hopefully not) or screwed in. Want to remove the top, shave 2-3 inches off left side and reattach giving me the space I need. Advice on drawer removal?

Thanks!

chuckster57
04-16-2015, 06:13 PM
A lot of times the top is held down with square head screws through a square frame mounted to the inside of the cabinet. Can you post a pic of the drawer slide?

rbev2308
04-16-2015, 06:21 PM
A lot of times the top is held down with square head screws through a square frame mounted to the inside of the cabinet. Can you post a pic of the drawer slide?

Will try to tomorrow or Sat. Camper is 225 miles away but I am headed that way..

chuckster57
04-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Okay. I have to change out a timing belt and water pump in an'02 Honda on Sat. So I may not answer til evening.

bsmith0404
04-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Check under the drawer, some have a small plastic tab that sticks up and catches the drawer instead of the tabs on the slides. You just push the tab down with a screwdriver and slide the drawer out.