PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Springdale advice

Big Sky Man
04-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Considering purchasing a used 2006 Springdale 269rlls. The trailer appears to be in very good condition. Any thoughts from other owners?

Ken / Claudia
04-12-2015, 06:24 PM
There is much to look at and for when buying a used RV. If you do not know than take someone who knows what to check or pay someone. I would spend 3-4 hours looking at everything and turning everything on and off. It will not matter if at a dealer or private sale.

theeyres
04-12-2015, 08:18 PM
We loved our former Springdale. But with a 2006 I don't think the brand really matters that much. The best brands may have been abused while the worst were babied and cared for. Ken & Claudia are right: check out everything--water damage, springs, all the underpinnings, appliances, etc., etc., etc. If it all checks out you probably are good to go.

Festus2
04-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Considering purchasing a used 2006 Springdale 269rlls. The trailer appears to be in very good condition. Any thoughts from other owners?

In addition to what has already been suggested, I would pay particular attention to the roof. Check around all the vents, etc., to make sure the caulking is in good condition - no gaps or loose sections - and that there are no tears or cuts in the rubber.
Have a good look at all the windows to make sure they are sealed properly and that the caulking is not hard and there are no small holes or gaps.

The tires also need to be checked. Even though they may appear to be in good shape, your unit is 9 years old and the original tires should have been replaced after 4-5 years.