PDA

View Full Version : First RV Trip in the books

T3/T4 Hybrid
04-11-2015, 04:30 PM
After spending 5 days RV hooked up at a RV ground. Sorry I have a hard time calling it camping, Im an old back country camping person. But back on topic, :cool: it was a successful trip with the family. We found things that we really liked and not much that was disliked other than the RV ground we choose so we are looking forward to the next trip!

I just wanted to say thanks to all the help that I have received at this site. Without the great help, I would be scratching my head and saying a lot more four letter colorful metaphors than what is in my normal language. :D

chuckster57
04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
It is camping, I swear it is "bouncey:

Glad your first trip was a success. I hope you have many many more just like it. In a while you'll be asking yourself " what was I thinking, sleeping on the rock hard dirty ground". You have to admit its nice to watch a bit of the tube before nodding off in clean sheets. And a trip to the throne in the middle of the night? You can do it in bare feet.

T3/T4 Hybrid
04-12-2015, 11:40 AM
The soft bed was nice, I will admit. :D

GaryWT
04-12-2015, 02:01 PM
I always say if you have a fire pit and a picnic table you are camping. Although there are those that pull in, plug in, sit inside for the weekend and then unplug and drive away.

Glad you started off good, enjoy.

T3/T4 Hybrid
04-12-2015, 03:47 PM
I always say if you have a fire pit and a picnic table you are camping. Although there are those that pull in, plug in, sit inside for the weekend and then unplug and drive away.

Glad you started off good, enjoy.

The only time we were inside sitting was the day that it rained. We made the most of it with a game of monopoly and then a few family movies on the DVD player. The other times we were out and about.

It was a good start.

neveser
04-13-2015, 12:11 PM
It was a good start.

And it will keep getting better! :)

sourdough
04-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Congrats on the first trip. I spent many, many years on the ground and loved it. When we went to a pop up I was afraid we would lose that feeling but, hey, it was just a tent on wheels. With a RV it's a mindset to me. I guess you could call it RVing if you just sat inside and looked out all time but it IS camping to me when we spend our day out and about, sit around the fire and cook, watch the stars come out; BUT when it's time for bed I'm not dreading laying on the hard rocks and ground, not trying to wash off in a rickety little lean to with cold water, hoping the tent won't leak etc. etc. I take a hot shower and hit a soft bed.....VERY nice......and still camping....I promise:) Plus, now at my age with what seems like a million aches and pains......I think I would have to be RVing if that's what it had to be called anyway:eek:
It won't take long and it will be like camping.....just do those things and choose the campgrounds that suit your tastes. Have fun!"bouncey:

Flicdog
04-13-2015, 02:17 PM
We call it "glamping" glamour camping.

T3/T4 Hybrid
04-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Sourdough, I understand completely. I'm a backpack person at heart. I have done trips out to the Colorado Rockys, here on the East Coast of the USA and even up into Canada. So my rugged side :D has a the problem. :D

The DW is not as amused with the rugged side of camping and she really likes the TT/glamping ( (tx) Flicdog). So if she is happy then so will I be. When the rugged side needs to come out now, I throw the old tent on the rear luggage rack of my KTM and head out for some trail/woods time. But over all both of us are happy so life is good.

I have a feeling that one day a toyhauler will be in the works.

crash
04-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Happy wife Happy life:D Just saying.

Kickin It
05-03-2015, 01:57 PM
All the guys I work with call it campering. Im fine with that, we love the heat and AC. Congrats on the first trip, its hard to stop once you start.

Pmedic4
05-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Yeah, sometimes it hard to call it camping, but spent enough time sleeping in a leaking tent, and soggy sleeping bag to not enjoy the RV. Still sit by the fire on a cool evening, and relaxing.

I guess the positive is that I never have to mow the grass where I'm camping!"bouncey:

T3/T4 Hybrid
05-09-2015, 05:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the positive reply's. :D The next RV trip is planned in June. Back to the NC OBX for a weeks worth of fishing with my son and father-in-law.

This last weekend I took a 750 mile ride about on the V-Strom and got some tent camping in. I had to get it out of my system. :)

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_170823_0_0cf751df1585a7a0c560735a628e9bd2.jpg