PDA

View Full Version : Slider Hitch lube

BlueknightWI
04-10-2015, 09:02 AM
We heard yesterday that our new Impact 311 is in at the dealership. Now, to wait for some rains, after the fresh 6" snowfall from last night, and the following dumping of salt by the highway crews. I am wondering what you guys use for lube on your slider hitches. I have a PullRite 2700 hitch. A friend has the same hitch and uses Slip Plate Dry spray lube. It is costly, but I want this thing to last. Just curious if there is an Amsoil product similar to this stuff-or whatever else you guys may use. Thanks.

jtyphoid
04-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Pullrites of different years were designed for different lubes. The original used grease. Next was dry lube, and the latest use, if I recall correctly, light machine oil.

The old greased version could be converted to dry lube by following manufacturer's instructions.

The bottom line is that it depends on what design you have and, for the original design, whether it has been converted to dry lube.

MontanaMike
04-13-2015, 12:31 PM
I have a new 18k Pullrite SuperGlide ISR (that I'm trying to sell) and the book and the dealer specifically states WD40 or 3 in 1.

C130
04-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I used WD-40 for over two years, it's what was recommended.

Harleyhop
04-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I have used WD40 since day one it's what was recommended in the manual.

BlueknightWI
04-13-2015, 07:48 PM
Thank you all for the information. I will look in the book and/or call the company to be sure. This is brand new, so I assume it will need WD-40.

bobbecky
04-13-2015, 08:36 PM
It will use WD40 if it has the plastic wear plates top and bottom of the ways as well as on the swivel mechanism. It is really great that it is designed to use a readily available lube and not some hard to get exotic lube that was hard to find. The only thing I do, is occasionally get up in the bed and wipe down the parts that get lubed and collect dirt and grit. It also needs grease on the bolt that the head pivots side to side on, maybe once a year.