PDA

View Full Version : New Alpine with Full Black Tank

Alpine3100RL2115
04-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Too bad Rvspa sold us a New Alpine with a full black tank that got us very ill, no warranty from Keystone, we lost 100,000 with soft floor too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JRTJH
04-09-2015, 06:30 PM
More information please, This sure sounds unfortunate, but the circumstances are definitely warranted......

chuckster57
04-09-2015, 07:24 PM
A "new" unit with a full black tank? Full of what? Like John said a little more info would be nice.

It's normal for all the tanks to be filled with water at the PDI to check for leaks and correct sensor operation. Then they are drained, I don't want to think the black tank was full of "black/brown" liquid. I am truly sorry if that was the case.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 02:48 AM
They must have allowed someone to live in it before it was sold to us as new, my throat closed and my lungs filled up.

They even told the hygienist that we had cognitive issues but nothing about the Anaphylactic seizure and the real symptoms that we are suffering from.

The factory is allowing this NEW dealer to tell us to come pick it up when Kaiser says DO NOT GO NEAR IT IT WILL KILL YOU THIS TIME.

THE HEADACHE NEVER GOES AWAY!

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 02:49 AM
Sorry FECES OR POOP DRIED

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 03:33 AM
I find it hard to believe the Keystone Finance/Legal Manager would tell us to fly down to the dealer to inspect something that Kaiser and Palm Springs ER that most likely will kill me if he was really a officer of the court. The floor is a trampoline.https://vimeo.com/124611944

chuckster57
04-10-2015, 03:38 AM
When you picked up your trailer did you get a walk through demonstration? If you did, then surely they showed you the monitor panel and demonstrated how it works. I would think if the black tank was full of waste it would have registered as such.

Why is there a NEW dealer involved? Or is the dealer you mentioned in your first post new?

If it was "lived in" prior to you taking delivery, then the
FECES OR POOP DRIED
Would mean the tank was empty and dry to me unless I am not understanding something.

I am not trying to make light of your concerns, but rather trying to understand the sequence of events leading up to your unfortunate situation.

If in fact the black tank was full enough to water log and soften the floor, then there was/is a leak that in my opinion is warranty repairable.

After watching your video, the island does move some when you bounce on the floor. I can't say I've seen one in an RV that doesn't have some movement. Your floor is not like a floor on a foundation, or a slab floor, so some movement can be expected. Did you look at your trailer before you bought it? I for one wouldn't sign my name to a purchase without looking it over, and I would think a bouncy counter would be noticed at that time.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 03:51 AM
Hello Corporate Franklin Jones your dealer lied, about our mental status the doctors checked and it's Good News! I DO NOT HAVE COGNITIVE ISSUES LIKE YOUR DEALER TOLD THE HYGIENIST TESTING COMPANY. Virgina Vania will be tested at her check for her injuries.
This is from the report they are trying to use after they said this.
https://vimeo.com/124612942 Soft Floor

At the time of the investigation, the occupants reported experiencing irregular health symptoms, such as cognitive issues."

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 03:57 AM
I should post everything over here about Virginia Vania 3100rl 2015 that has Zero resale value and it stuck at the selling dealer.

GaryWT
04-10-2015, 04:03 AM
I have to wonder about a few things here, as Chuck said, if the black tank has tried stuff in in then is is used but not full. If you were to use it yourself, would you have gotten just as sick. Maybe it was the delivery guy just could not make it to a rest stop. And how is a bounce floor in the kitchen mush from a black tank issue in the bathroom. Most trailers are not made to be jumped up and down in.

Sorry that you are sick and sorry that you are not happy. When you first saw this trailer and walked through it, did you not see any of these issues and as Chuck said, when the dealer went through the trailer with you, you did not question any of this? Once the black tank is cleaned out and flushed I cannot imagine that there would be issues. I am guessing that Keiser is your doctor but I am not sure.

Hope it all works out for you. For any issues that were wrong with a new trailer, your dealer needs to go to bat for you with Keystone.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 04:07 AM
Here is the Vin we hope no children are hurt by the contents our doctors told us to leave.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/10/a5fab7210199e760800331071aef1856.jpg

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 04:44 AM
They were to deliver and instruct us but they forgot about that part we had to find a driver to bring it to Palm Springs Rv Resort. The first instructor did not speak English. We got played all the way.
Does anyone's sink bounce like this video? All the sales staff say the bonded floor has failed and will continue to get worse. NEW!
They are saying this is normal.https://vimeo.com/124616838

Javi
04-10-2015, 04:47 AM
Wow... 48 gallons of poo...

Not exactly sure how that would happen, nor am I sure how it would be Keystone's problem to solve. Sounds to me like a dealer/buyer issue to me..

I got to ask... why, how and how come... you'd hang out in a trailer that was so noxious that it made you sick enough to need medical attention.

Also got to wonder how, why and how come... anyone would take delivery of a trailer that had a soft floor and a odiferous atmosphere from the get go...

After seeing the video you posted while I was typing, I can only say that in more that 40 years of trailer/rv life that I have no clue if my island will bounce like that as I've never jumped up and down in it... and have no plans to do so in the future.. :D

Is this y'all first trailer?

GaryWT
04-10-2015, 04:53 AM
I guess I am confused but it does not sound like a good dealer. If it is a defect then they should be out fixing it so don't give up. We do not have an island sink as we don't like the set up so I have never looked too close at them for movement etc. you would have to believe that there would be some movement at the sink since it only has one point of attachment at the floor and floors are suspended in the air. The fact that the island is above the wheels and the springs it is the part of the trailer with the most bounce so you might need extra support in the area in the way of some jacks.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 04:56 AM
You should look up Black Tank Dry Pile with Charmin paper because it is very hard to remove, besides we paid for empty and clean. Also ac in bedroom shook the bedroom, no elect water just propane ect. Huge list the upgrade sofa was torn from the slider floor a little one was tossed in. The factory knows it all.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 06:17 AM
The island movement was not there when it was delivered, warranty claim denied. Now walls are popping.

jsmith948
04-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Talk about smells....I smell a lawsuit:rolleyes:

BirchyBoy
04-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Talk about smells....I smell a lawsuit:rolleyes:

For sure. If a new unit came with all of these issues, and neither the dealer nor Keystone are helping, he needs some help.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Here is a pic of the Rvhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/10/7a262e8704307e65c341e9ac8434f487.jpg

Moderator's Note: Medical information regarding visit to doctor and upcoming medical tests deleted from post.

Scttw
04-11-2015, 01:48 AM
This is truly an unbelievable post.

I'm sure Keystone would have some pull if the dealer just isn't going to help. I'm sure Keystone chooses WHO they sell their RV's through. Stories like this hurts the Keystone and Alpine names and Keystone doesn't want this. The problem is getting a hold of someone in the right position at Keystone to be able to help you.

It certainly is nothing to do with the manufacturer - but I would have them assist you.

My .02.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-11-2015, 05:28 AM
DeRving one finds out that you downsized too much! LOL! I would like to find another Alpine 3100rl 2015 to see if if The BED ROCK FLOOR SYSTEM WORKS. Any owners out here?

rbev2308
04-11-2015, 06:43 AM
I have a 2014 Alpine except I have a 3535RE and it is standard with the bedrock floor system. Now I don't go in the thing and do jumping jacks but the floor is sturdy and solid. I even pulled back the inner panel and one of the underbelly bolts and I was impressed with some of the welding. I honestly expected worse. I guess time will tell. I feel for your situation and would not wish it on anyone but coming from a family of campers for over 4 decades, I just grow to expect that these rolling bricks with very little suspension rolling down the road at 70 mph are going to have some issues. I just deal with it and hope for the best and handle each situation as it occurs.

Alpine3100RL2115
04-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Well the bank has the soft floor Keystone says that's not covered under warranty and its unrepairable, we let Ally Financial pick it up at the dealer. Thanks for your assist.

JRTJH
04-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Well the bank has the soft floor Keystone says that's not covered under warranty and its unrepairable, we let Ally Financial pick it up at the dealer. Thanks for your assist.

There goes your credit rating. Good luck with your next purchase.

Steve S
04-24-2015, 09:34 AM
So I'm wondering if I'm the only one that's jumped up and down on their floors?:p:D
Mine don't move, thinking about a barn dance tonight:bdance:

sourdough
04-24-2015, 09:55 AM
The way this is apparently turning out is unfortunate. I have an island very similar to the one in the video. Although I've never jumped etc. in the RV I went to the same position as in the video and sort of bounced up and down like the lady in the video. The water in my glass did move but the island did not move as theirs did. My movement was very obviously from the suspension/tires (I only have my stabilizers down). I don't know how it would shake if the stabilizers were up. It appears there is an issue but you would think there would be a better solution than turning it back to the bank.

cw3jason
04-24-2015, 10:15 AM
The floors are only half in plywood and the island is barely screwed down. I would expect to get some movement. These trailers are built to travel light, they are not a house. I have to tell visitors and my DD that all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JRTJH
04-24-2015, 11:19 AM
The floors are only half in plywood and the island is barely screwed down. I would expect to get some movement. These trailers are built to travel light, they are not a house. I have to tell visitors and my DD that all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you. A travel trailer has to be built to flex, bend and accommodate the stresses encountered on the roadway. If it were built "solid and inflexible, like a house" it would literally "shake apart" when being towed. If you think about it, a travel trailer/fifth wheel/motorhome encounters "earthquake, hurricane and tornado conditions" every time we get on the interstate and set the cruise control at the speed limit.

Bob Landry
04-24-2015, 01:44 PM
This entire thread is really absurd and the OP's writing skills make it even a little more confusing. None of it really makes sense to me, but my first step would be to run the Vin and see if it has been titled to someone else and where it has been. Too many dots here just don't connect. A full holding tank on a brand new trailer. It's hard to buy into that one. And a 2015, even without leaks, could not have gotten that wet on the lot to cause the floor to turn mushy.

JAM2015
04-24-2015, 03:23 PM
After reading all 28+ posts, I still have very little idea what is actually going on in this thread. I can understand Bob Landry's and JTRJH's posts, but...

...the OP's description of issues, and English use in general has made me think public schools have failed the citizens of this republic.

Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version? Is it "buyer bought unit that is built poorly built, had a full crapper tank, and dealership is stiffing them on getting it fixed?"

JRTJH
04-24-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure if there is a Cliff's Notes version of something this "crappy" <pun intended> but from what I can decipher of the OP's version: He bought a new Alpine, found out the black tank was full, the floor "bounced" if you weigh 175 pounds and jump up and down next to the Island countertop. Apparently, he became ill while inside the trailer and elected to return it to the dealership because Keystone/dealer won't repair it to his satisfaction and the bank has repossessed it.

Now, my version: The OP bought an Alpine, left the black tank dump valve open and toilet paper/solid waste built up under the toilet discharge to the black tank. That dried in place and stopped the toilet from flushing properly. The dealership wanted to charge him to clean the tank (not a warranty item) so he refused the repair until the odor made him ill. When nothing else would get the dealership's attention, he took videos of someone jumping next to the island, claimed the floor was defective and wanted it repaired. When Keystone said it was normal, he elected to return the trailer to the dealership where he reports, "we let Ally Financial pick it up".....

JAM2015
04-24-2015, 04:03 PM
OK, THAT I understood completely! Thanks. That version sounded plausible also. I had a hard time believing that a dealership would have allowed a new unit to be sold with even a soiled tank, let alone a full tank. But I have been called difficult at least once in my lifetime.

Festus2
04-24-2015, 04:07 PM
After reading all 28+ posts, I still have very little idea what is actually going on in this thread. I can understand Bob Landry's and JTRJH's posts, but...

...the OP's description of issues, and English use in general has made me think public schools have failed the citizens of this republic.

Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version? Is it "buyer bought unit that is built poorly built, had a full crapper tank, and dealership is stiffing them on getting it fixed?"

There appears to be a significant number of members who are unable to determine what "is actually going on in this thread". I somehow doubt if the public school system has failed because of one person who seems to have difficulty expressing himself clearly and making it extremely difficult for the rest of us to make much sense of what happened.

It may be that the "buyer bought a unit that is poorly built, had a full crapper tank" and is being stiffed by the dealership but that is only speculation. We are only getting a convoluted version of what went on and we are left with trying to "fill in the blanks".

Since the thread seems to be "going nowhere" and doesn't look like it will reach its destination anytime soon, it is now closed.