PDA

View Full Version : Black tank valve

Julie
04-06-2015, 11:05 AM
We have a 2015 cougar that we bought new, when we take the cap off to hook up our sewer hose there is always dirty water that comes out. Is this normal? We never had this happen with our old camper.

chuckster57
04-06-2015, 12:38 PM
No it's not normal. Sounds like the blade valve or seals have failed. Should be a warranty repair.

Julie
04-07-2015, 03:44 AM
Thanks. Will call the dealer..

PARAPTOR
04-07-2015, 07:10 AM
I assume you have used your rig more than once? Did this problem just start or was it like this from day one? When you say Dirty if you are referring to the black tank :eek: dirty you could have something lodged in the valve/seal like toilet paper.

If this is the case you may want to consider doing a few flushes of that black tank before taking it to the dealer and waiting to get it back for a few weeks/months. As far as warranty work not sure a clogged valve would get approved in comparison to a faulty one. You may be liable for the labor to clean it out :banghead:

therink
04-07-2015, 08:14 AM
If this problem hasn't existed since day one, above poster is correct, not covered under warranty if waste debris is lodged in the valve seat.
definately try flushing system by filling with water and dumping the tank at high flow rate several times. Could be TP stuck in valve seat.
This happened to me twice and both times it was a baby wipe (they done break down.... Darn kids). I had tto remove and clean the valve as flushing didn't work.

Are your valves cable operated?