PDA

View Full Version : One Brake Locking

SandMShall
04-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Our 2014 Bullet Premier has been in outdoor storage for about 7 months. We went to pick it up to do our Spring roof protection and notice that the brakes on the drivers side front locked up as I slowed at the last two stop signs in our neighborhood. I'm not sure if it happened more than those two times or not. Any suggestions on where to start my diagnosis?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JRTJH
04-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Now is a great time to do a thorough inspection of the brakes, repack the bearings and adjust the brakes.

If you intend to do the work yourself, I'd start by pulling that wheel, removing the hub, inspecting the brake shoes, magnets, wiring and then repacking the bearings as well as replace (don't reuse) the rear seal. Adjust the brakes while you've got the axle off the ground, then move on to the other wheels. Once you're done, take a "test tow" and if you need to do any "minor adjustments" you'll still have the tools available. Usually there's no need to readjust, so after the test tow, you should be ready for that adult beverage of your choice.

Good Luck.

dee74
04-06-2015, 05:30 AM
This video may be helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tf1Bc526zE