PDA

View Full Version : slide out cable off pulley

donnie_o8
04-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Brought the TT home today and was getting it DE winterized.....things were going good. I left for about 15 minutes (beer run) and the wife decided to help me:eek:. I come home and she got the slide open and is in there doing her thing.....no big deal yet....so I got done doing what I had to do and was cleaning up my tools and mess so she yells to me "do you want me to close the slide out?" I said yes. We are gonna leave in the morning and I'm all done in there. So she starts to close it and I hear this loud POP... "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?" I go out there she says 'I don't know what that was" pushes the button and the slide goes the rest of the way closed. I start snooping around and see the drive chain on one side real loose and find that one of the cables jumped the pulley. So The question is...Should I fool with this or is it more than what I see here? And if I did try to monkey with it the only way I see to do anything is to open the slide out back up. Does anyone have any experience with these slide outs? Any advice? Or do I take it to a dealer? Its a 2012 Passport Grand Touring 3100rk....:banghead:.

JRTJH
04-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I believe your slide is a BAL system. This is a link to the service manual. It's not a Keystone manual, but it has all the information on adjusting your slide and on reinstalling the cable onto the pulley system and making sure it's adjusted properly.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towablelanding/slideouts/Norco/accuslide_service-manual.pdf

Good Luck !!!