PDA

View Full Version : Wax for new Avalanche

swan2125
03-31-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere on the forum, but I'm looking to get some input on the best wax for my new Avalanche.

I was looking at Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax.....any thoughts?

Thanks!(tx)

Festus2
03-31-2015, 04:35 PM
There's at least one, perhaps two, threads about waxes currently running on the forum. Check these for what others are saying about "the best wax" to use.

abc40kids
04-01-2015, 02:09 AM
From all the reading I've done here and on other Rv forums the flagship is about as good as it gets, I just got some. I also picked up some aerospace 303 for the decals.

swan2125
04-01-2015, 02:52 AM
Thanks, will check it out.

I have also heard about aerospace 303.

Texascoastalfish
04-01-2015, 05:25 AM
Meguiars or 3M- Ultra Performance Marine Wax. Both will stay on for a season.
The Meguiars has a little "Cleaning" element to it, so I wouldnt go hard with a buffer on the decals.
The 3M is descibed as this and boasts high tech features

3M Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax provides high gloss protection to fiberglass/gelcoat boats. 3M polymer technology provides the durability of an acrylic with the soil release and water beading properties of fluoropolymer and silicone. Use 3M Marine Ultra Performance Paste Wax to keep your boat looking sharp and sea-worthy.

Meguiar's describes this

Meguiars Flagship Premium Marine Wax Paste dramatically enriches the color and shine of fiberglass and gel coat surfaces. With mild cleaners, it is effective at removing light oxidation and dullness, restoring gloss, and adding protection from UV damage. Meguiars Flagship Premium Marine Wax Paste makes your boat look clean and polished from stem to stern!