PDA

View Full Version : Dumped the Jack Knife Sofa!

theeyres
03-31-2015, 01:36 PM
We all seem to hate those sofas so I took it out. I read on here somewhere about replacing it with foam seats and cushions. Turns out our cushions and pillows from our house sofa fit the platform perfectly so for now we are using those but may replace them with others at some point. I built the back rest (which created a nice storage behind it) and the end pieces. The tall one is so I can lay on the sofa, sitting up, to read or watch TV--just like being in bed. My wife will cover the arm rest and tall end piece with the fabric draped over the wood. It is very comfortable and much, much better than the jack knife.

Cfoxtrot
03-31-2015, 03:35 PM
Looking good!!!

Paul pg
04-01-2015, 06:04 AM
Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pmedic4
04-01-2015, 06:38 AM
We all seem to hate those sofas so I took it out.

You expressed my sentiments exactly! We just sold the TT to get rid of it - just joking, but it was the most useless sofa. In the sitting position, you were leaning forward so you felt like you were being pushed out, and in the sleep position, the cushions weren't level enough to lie down comfortably. You sort of slept in the 'V' between the cushions.

Biff
04-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mamawildbear
04-01-2015, 12:17 PM
That's a very nice looking couch you made. I guess we got lucky with our jack knife sofa both when sitting and lying down. It is very comfy. Too bad ours is too short for anyone but a small child.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idaho
04-20-2019, 08:05 PM
I just got finished replacing the top back cushion inserts with 4” rv cushion foam from Joanne fabrics and cut them to fit inside the zippered compartments and it makes the sofa actually usable now. I cut two pieces 36”x12” and the other one 36”x8” to fit inside.