PDA

View Full Version : Blue Raptor accent lights, legal?

hdrolling
03-30-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm wondering if anyone with the newer raptors travel with the accent lights turned on, seeing that their blue I wasn't sure if any LEO's would have an issue with these being turned on or not? Not really sure what the purpose of these are other than cosmetic, but are they meant for travel or just to look cool in the camping area at night?

raineman
03-30-2015, 05:49 PM
I only use mine when at a campsite where I believe there are supposed to be used

BlueknightWI
03-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Yes, those are for when parked. They may appear to be blue, but I believe they are LED white. That usually appears to be blue-especially in tiny lights like those are. I'm retired LEO, and yes, they would get my attention. Not sure I would pull the unit over for that. Not often in my 27 years did I come across a criminal cruising down the highway with a $60K TH in tow.

shmthaus
03-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Being an active LEO, I would pull you over just to look at your rig..:D

hdrolling
03-30-2015, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys, just picked up the camper and set it up today at the camping area. In the day time they are very blue so I figured at night they would be as well, spending the night tomorrow so I'll see. I just assumed that since they were up front that they were meant to be used while driving, after seeing all the semi trucks with the red blue lights all over there rigs I wasn't sure if something changed about blue and red lights on non emergency vehicles.